Wyeast american ale already activated

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mknox4354

Reaction score
So I just got my wyeast activator from midwest and it wad already smacked it not fully ballooned up but definitely activated. I wasn't planning on brewing till next weekend so what should I do? should o make a starter and let it sit for the next week and a half? I'm really not sure. Still fairly new to brewing. Any input will be greatly appreciated

I would call Midwest and see what your options are from them...chances are they will send you a new one.
If you are stuck with it, then make a starter and put in your fridge...it's not the best thing to do for your yeast, but it will be fine.

SD-SLIM said:
I would call Midwest and see what your options are from them...chances are they will send you a new one.
If you are stuck with it, then make a starter and put in your fridge...it's not the best thing to do for your yeast, but it will be fine.

Ok I will definitely try getting another one from mowed first. I don't see why they wouldn't give me a new one

Back