Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No harm no foul. As I recall; Hot water, oxy clean, a razor blade, a green scotch pad, and some elbow grease will get em right off..... :D

Never heard of the soap trip but sounds promising. I may give that a try sometime. Once I started using gelatin, I’ve never looked back, but it couldn’t hurt to have multiple weapons in the arsenal.
It's an old trick for making vinyl signs repositionable. Use dish soap, watered down a bit and lather it on the surface before applying the sticker/vinyl. When it dries, it gets into the adhesive making it less permanent, but sticky enough to remove and restick (and soaking re-soapys the soap) My labels are printed on a laser printer, so they'll be waterfast/the ink shouldn't run.

Next time I'll try that, and let you know how I get on.

Here is my simple attempt.
1490304069.jpeg

Not finished yet, but it's the first label I've created completely from scratch (aside from the Phillies and Jetro logos). Super proud of how it's turning out so far. It's my tribute to my favorite tailgating lot as I get prepared for Spring Training and baseball season in general. Started out as a pencil drawing, then I used a wet-erase marker on a transparency sheet to get the solid black lines.

IMG_20200207_194304.jpg LOT M.png

Not finished yet, but it's the first label I've created completely from scratch (aside from the Phillies and Jetro logos). Super proud of how it's turning out so far. It's my tribute to my favorite tailgating lot as I get prepared for Spring Training and baseball season in general. Started out as a pencil drawing, then I used a wet-erase marker on a transparency sheet to get the solid black lines.

View attachment 665643 View attachment 665642

I love this so much, and love the memories behind it! I need to get my annual baseball beer brewed!

Rye beer with spruce tips:
View attachment 640057 View attachment 640058 View attachment 640059
German style dark lager:
View attachment 640060 View attachment 640061
Single hop (Amarillo) New England IPA:
View attachment 640062 View attachment 640063
Saison brewed with pilsner, rye and spelt malts:
View attachment 640064 View attachment 640065 View attachment 640066

edit: I do all of this work by myself and I’m open to commissions. PM if you are interested.

They sure look great on the can...

I like #3 the best, wait, #2, wait, crap, all look cool. I like the simple style of them. How did you achieve the "break out's" or "blow out's", is it a plug in or something like that?. I guess I should ask what software you use first. Again, nice simple design.
Joel B.

Time for an HBT rules reminder: Political posts are not allowed outside the “Debate” forum (supporting members only.) If your label contains political commentary, DO NOT post it here.

doug293cz
HBT Moderator

First labels I've done in years; didn't want to send out plain bottles for FOTHB. Could definitely use some polish if I was using them on more than literally just a couple bottles, but anyway...
The dog is my little girl, the tree is from the farm where the yeast was captured, and the other 2 are song/album references.
black dog schwarzbier.jpg
dark desires.jpg
R-378472-1371477427-5541.jpg
windy acres.jpg

I like #3 the best, wait, #2, wait, crap, all look cool. I like the simple style of them. How did you achieve the "break out's" or "blow out's", is it a plug in or something like that?. I guess I should ask what software you use first. Again, nice simple design.
Joel B.
I’ve been learning how to use Gimp but these designs I grab online and then messed around on Canva.com

Makes it really easy to pass the time until my beers condition lol

I’ve been learning how to use Gimp but these designs I grab online and then messed around on Canva.com
I have used Gimp for some things and checked out Canva. Looks like it's a nice online editor. Didn't spend much time there but might in the future. I'm going to try to replicate that (the blow out) with Paint.NET if I can, I have a few ideas how to try. Thanks for reply.
Joel B.

Very nice art work...but the blue text on orange is very difficult to read.. Just my two cents..

I don't find it difficult to read, but that might be because I am colorblind. The blue really pops against the orange. I am not a good representation though lol.

Back