Pitch more yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creole_hops

Reaction score
I confirmed that my yeast was good by soaking it with some of the wort for 20 min. It began foaming pretty rapidly. For the first 12 hours after pitching I was getting a decent amount of activity. Now after 3 days, im not seeing much activity at all.

I am waiting till 7 days out before taking my first gravity reading but I am sure it has not reached FG already. However I do not have much experience with repitching and do not know if this would have any drawbacks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Wow, great timing! Refer to my new signature.

Everything is fine. Continue as planned (waiting 7 days before taking SG reading), and you'll have beer in no time. Repitching yeast at this point will result in some funky tasting beer in most cases.

Carry on.

How are you so sure that it hasn't reached its FG? I've had a batch ferment out within 48 hours, and it turned into delicious beer (that I'm strongly wishing I had've brewed more of!).

Are you simply going by the airlock to determine your activity? Don't just wait the 7 days, wait 21. The beer will be fine... The yeast know what they're doing! (My Lord, I think Revvy has infected me!).

Back