Hop particles in the Hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hector

Reaction score
Hi there !

I use a vinyl Hose to rack the Beer and wash it after each racking with warm water . I fill a bucket with warm water and rack it using the hose .

I use hop pellets and I fill each time an emptied tee bag with pellets by the time of boiling the wort .

By my recent batch , I just dropped pellets into the kettle without using tee bags . Tomorrow is the bottling day and as I just took a look at the hose , I noticed tiny hop particles sticking on the inner surface of the hose . although , I washed the hose carefully after the last racking , even with Detergent and warm water .

Would it be O.K. if I sanitize the hose as always and use it for bottling ?!

P.S. I do not use any bottling bucket , because it's not available to me where I live and it's not possible to order online , either .

Hector

PBW is the best at getting soils off. Works for everything I use it for. I use to rinse my plate chiller out by just flushing it with hot water for a few minutes. Then, after about 10 uses, I soaked in PBW for 30 minutes then flushed. Wow... A lot of caked on crap I never knew was in there. Never affected any of my batches (no infections), but it's good to remove all that junk from anything that comes in contact with beer post cooling.

hector said:
Thanks for the good suggestion , but "PBW" is also not available to me . :(

Would it be good to use Bleach as it's alkaline , too ?!

Hector

Oxyclean with no scent oils added is a good sub for the pbw. Same active cleaner. With the vinyl hoses it will cause them to go cloudy but is not harmful. As another thought, vinyl hose is pretty cheap to replace if there is any concern.

Back