How can I use oetiker clamp without oetiker tool?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpertskir

Reaction score
Cant seem to find any info on this, any of you guys try this? I have one oetiker clamp to put in place and the worm clamp I have tried is leaking.

As above, you might be able to use a side cutter in a pinch. Just be careful not to cut through the clamp. If you have a SS clamp, it probably won't be an issue. Those are rather hard to cut though.

I bought a Knipex Oetiker tool for $17+ship on ebay. I would just buy one if I were you.

I bought a Knipex Oetiker tool for $17+ship on ebay. I would just buy one if I were you.

yeah, I'm going to end up needing it eventually, was just trying to get by for one clamp.

Luckily i found the best solution...found a friend that has one. He was coming over Saturday anyways.

wire cutter/dikes work, I just do half and then the other half since you can't really get and even pinch with them.. I've seen crimping pliers for a couple bucks before, I think at harbor freight..

Back