Keg not Holding Pressure - Bleed Off Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainer28

Reaction score
I bought a used keg from a random person and purchased the O-ring set just in case. I replaced the liquid side poppet valve and the the main O-ring. But, I have a small leak thats coming from the bleed off valve. Is there an o-ring that belongs there too?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

No, no O-ring there. They can be a bit finiky. I always have to twist them a bit to get them to stop leaking. You could use a bit of keg lube on it. Try just twisting it a bit in either direction to see if it stops. It could be that you need a new one, but all of mine need special attention it seems when I fill up a keg. They like to feel special.

Same answer as Celticway.
I usually have to put a dab of keg lube on the end and make sure it's sealed right. I've also had one where the plastic threading on the valve messed up, which prevented it from tightening in correctly and I had to get a new one.

Back