So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewing up a pale ale today with some 2013 Amarillo crop, gonna be a cold brew day outside, high for today is about 25! brrr but it's in the name of beer so i will make it!

Brewing up a pale ale this morning.i am using the grainbill from da yoppers house pale ale and using simcoe and citra insted of cascade.i am going do to a doubble batch so it will be a 12 hour brew day:)

alagaren said:
Brewing up a pale ale this morning.i am using the grainbill from da yoppers house pale ale and using simcoe and citra insted of cascade.i am going do to a doubble batch so it will be a 12 hour brew day:)

I have brewed this three times every time I dry hop one with cascade and one with Amarillo and Both are great awesome recipe I am curious about the simcoe I love me some simcoe

brewing my first lager on friday! using san francisco lager yeast, it was given to me.

Anyone ever use this yeast before?

I love it! I just brewed a Baltic Porter with it and have made a California Common as well. This is not a prototypical lager yeast. It's the Anchor Steam strain. It does not handle typical lager temps (low 50s) but gives some lager characteristics at temps closer to where ales are usually brewed. I start it at the low end for this yeast, around 58 then slowly let it rise to 62.

I love it! I just brewed a Baltic Porter with it and have made a California Common as well. This is not a prototypical lager yeast. It's the Anchor Steam strain. It does not handle typical lager temps (low 50s) but gives some lager characteristics at temps closer to where ales are usually brewed. I start it at the low end for this yeast, around 58 then slowly let it rise to 62.

Hmm i didn't read to much on san Francisco lager yeast and just assumed it was a lager yeast... So i wouldn't be able to ferment this is the traditional lager way?

I was planning on pitching at 60 letting fermentation start and dropping to 45 to 50 degrees... Would this yeast preform at that temp?

I was going to

Hmm i didn't read to much on san Francisco lager yeast and just assumed it was a lager yeast... So i wouldn't be able to ferment this is the traditional lager way?

I was planning on pitching at 60 letting fermentation start and dropping to 45 to 50 degrees... Would this yeast preform at that temp?

I was going to

You will want to ferment in the mid to high 50's for the best results, but it will give you traditional lager characteristics.

You will want to ferment in the mid to high 50's for the best results, but it will give you traditional lager characteristics.

might be a stupid question but can i ferment at around 55 for the 2 weeks raise to 60 for the diatycly rest (should this be done with this yeast?) then rack to secondary and then lager down to 35? would this work out?

might be a stupid question but can i ferment at around 55 for the 2 weeks raise to 60 for the diatycly rest (should this be done with this yeast?) then rack to secondary and then lager down to 35? would this work out?

From White Labs website: Can also be fermented down to 50 degrees for production of marzens, pilsners and other style lagers.

You should be just fine doing that

Will be being a kolsch on Sunday. Wrong time if the year, but i want to do a test batch before my father's 60th in May for which i will be brewing 10 gallons.

Planning a double day on saturday, doing a BDSA to start in the morning then what will become a Banana Foster's Beer (got the recipe from here on HBT).

Someone tell me I'm not completely insane for wanting to do a double batch on a Saturday.

I read that as being dedicated, not insane :D

I'm hoping to brew a 5 gallon batch of Slim's Graham Cracker ale some time over the weekend and a 4 gallon batch of barleywine by this time next week.

Planning a double day on saturday, doing a BDSA to start in the morning then what will become a Banana Foster's Beer (got the recipe from here on HBT).

Someone tell me I'm not completely insane for wanting to do a double batch on a Saturday.

Partial mash or all grain? I've done double extract days, but I don't think I could endure back to back AG batches. I know that plenty of people here have done it, but to each his own.

Working on a recipe for a wheatwine one gallon BIAB parti-gyle. I'm thinking four pounds total grain for an OG of about 1.120, taking the spent grains and dunk sparging for another smaller wheat beer

Yup, I need to brew this weekend. Haven't decided what yet.

Ran into the unfortunate situation of running out of homebrew after a Thanksgiving party wiped out 10 gallons of brew. Basically that coupled with a diacetyl problem in a batch of blonde has dried my pipeline up for a month. I have learned that I need to brew extra batches for parties in addition to my normal pipeline additions.

I double brew frequently, 10gal batches. Start to finish average is about 9 hours. Brew on! :mug:

This coming weekend I get to choose between a high of 18F and snow showers (Saturday) and a high of 27F with potentially significant snow accumulation (Sunday). I always start before 9AM. Wohoo! I'm really looking forward to my bottling session on the other day. ;)

Partial mash or all grain? I've done double extract days, but I don't think I could endure back to back AG batches. I know that plenty of people here have done it, but to each his own.

They'll be BIAB, I just finished bottling an apple ale that I partially made for SWMBO so I'm definitely doing the BDSA (SWMBO isn't a fan of big beers)recipe, I'll decide how I feel after I get that one cooled and pitched if I want to do another right away or wait till sunday. Theyre both only 3 gallon batches too, so I have that on my side (not quite so long to get everything boiling).

Set up to do two this weekend, by request of SWMBO! Doing a Ginger beer tomorrow and on Sunday I have a ButterBeer planned. Both are for the kids and should be ready by New Year's Eve.

Might be brewing a weizen. Brewers best kit that got buried in the closet and I forgot about.

Brewing up a robust porter on Sunday morning! Have a christmas party on saturday night so hope I don't get too late of a start on Sunday morning :mug:

When I brew with one of my buddies, we each do double batches. Takes around 6 hours start to finish. Having an extra burner and kettle allows you to start the second mash as soon as you finish collecting the first. Go for it!

I have tomorrow off...woot! A nice brew day with no distractions. Will be brewing a 5 gallon batch of Yooper's oatmeal stout, BIAB.

We're going to have a heatwave here: 18F tomorrow!, so no hose water in the garage. It's back to carrying the BK indoors and hooking up the IC in the laundry room.

So who's brewing this weekend?
Time for the weekend roll call:

Weekend? Oh heck no... not waiting that long.. I gots me an empty ferm chamber...

1st thing in the morning after coffee....

Biermuncher Tits Up IPA speciality grain / Extract clone.

#31 days till first pint pulled...... ... guess I should wait till I brew to start counting the days...... but still....is it done yet????

When I brew with one of my buddies, we each do double batches. Takes around 6 hours start to finish. Having an extra burner and kettle allows you to start the second mash as soon as you finish collecting the first. Go for it!

I am currently working on converting some friends and co-workers from being BMC/whatevergetsyoudrunk drinkers to tasting and critiquing beer. I think thats the first step, eventually I stopped wanting to just try the beer, I wanted to make the beer.

Hopefully a year or two from now I will be helping someone set up their kegerator (working on collecting parts for my own, don't want to buy/put it together till myself and SWMBO move into a house, not nearly enough room in this apartment for a 4 keg system).

Seem to be coming down with a cold but hoping that won't stop me from making a batch of my Belgian Session IPA tomorrow.

Back