Maryland Fall Brew Day 2008 - 10/11/2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heh...I thought you were going to say Bi-Male BoyFriend :p
I was confused as to how getting jiggy there would help bring beer, but hey - to each his own

you should see my ghetto bottle filler - I don't even use the bung. just a broken cane in my cobra tap!!

oh wait, you WILL see my ghetto bottle rig.

I got home and took another nap, lol

I do feel like a million bucks now though, took a shower, and found I have a sandal tan on my feet

Ugh.

Took me three (3) hours to get home last night. Major snafu on 95S, stuck there for almost 2 hrs. Had to pull a u-eee on the highway and head for 29S. Got home at 9.45 after leaving at 7.00 pm.

Great meeting you all. Fermenters smell great :)

:mug:

Checked my fermenters last night:

The US-05 batch was quietly bubbling.
The Wyeast London Ale had puked into the airlock and needed to be replaced, however the main krausen was still WELL below the airlock - don't know if it went up fast and came down or was just a really large burp that tossed a bit into the airlock.

Can't wait to get this thing into a keg. Minimal secondary for me on this one.

Just gotta make some room in the freezer - who's up for playing a game of Kill the Keg of Alt???
:)

I still need to get yeast LOL never made it to toms. thank god it is in a keg.....no light & air tight LOL
The reason that their was no pictures.....Their were no women. to take them LOL

Mine was bubbling strong enough last night that I wondered what the hell the noise was in the basement. Did anyone ever bother to take an OG reading?

I know we took a pre-boil reading in one kettle and then threw some water in. Eh..measuring is overrated anywa.y

Mine was bubbling strong enough last night that I wondered what the hell the noise was in the basement. Did anyone ever bother to take an OG reading?

I know we took a pre-boil reading in one kettle and then threw some water in. Eh..measuring is overrated anywa.y

a brew day reading????????????????????? um... NO!

well, it's now my birthday.....

SWMBO came back, the Giants lost to the Browns, and I find out if I have a job in less than 16 hours....damn it feels good to be a gangstar.....plus, I had birthday sex for the first time in 27 years! Someone missed the homebrew....only if she was around last weekend, I could have taken home a carboy of porter, oh well.

Planning for the next brew day....I can host at my house since I have a big garage, and I'll have more fun toys to actually brew big batches correctly with...and those yankee ingenuity folks think they have it figured out ;)

thanks....just took my piss test, interview in 113 minutes and counting

Man, I got some hilarious BDay cards today in the mail, lol

Ok - how's everyone's beer doing??
Mine was going strong for the first few days, then I just let it sit. I haven't looked since ~Wednesday.

I'm going pretty much right in the keg with this one, so I doubt I'm going to secondary.

Anyone else?

Damn. Sorry i missed this. I really wanted to make it. I just ordered all my AG equipment this past weekend and am looking to brew maybe two batches in about two weeks. Anyone in the Waldorf/Andrews AFB area want to help me figure out AG and Beersmith?

Damn. Sorry i missed this. I really wanted to make it. I just ordered all my AG equipment this past weekend and am looking to brew maybe two batches in about two weeks. Anyone in the Waldorf/Andrews AFB area want to help me figure out AG and Beersmith?

san antinoi? isnt waldorf! :p

I'm going to leave the unadulterated porter in the primary for another 2 weeks or so. Then I'll keg it. I tasted this the middle of last week and it was waaaaay chocolatey and had lots of coffee flavors in it. Tasted great.

The chocolate-enhanced porter I will probably bottle about the same time. That will depend on how the choc flavors are coming through.

Back