Web 2.0 Brewing News Site - Your thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerSmith

Reaction score
All,
I put this news site together last weekend after getting addicted to news sites like Digg. I wanted to create one for Beer and Homebrewing:
BrewPoll.com Home Brewing News

Its a site for Home Brewing and Craft Beer news where you submit the stories and vote the best ones to the front page. Anyone can vote - just click on the vote buttons for your favorites. You do need to create a login to add new stories.

Be sure to check the upcoming stories tab. Drop a few votes or add some stories if you like.

Don't know if it will catch on, but for the first few days it has been popular. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brad

mrkristofo said:
Cool idea, but it's slow. Really slow.

Yes,
Unfortunately three of my sites were hit by social media sites this weekend (Stumbleupon, etc...) so I've had over 10x the traffic of normal days.

I'm moving to a new server this Thursday night which should handle these occasional bursts of traffic much better. Things should improve next weekend.

Brad

OK,
We finished the server upgrade on Thursday, so the "slow speed" problem seems to be under control now.

Quite a few people have added stories now - so the "Upcoming News" tab has a lot of articles waiting to be voted to the front page -- some good stuff there.

Remember - you don't need an account to browse and vote.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Brad

Back