Show us your other obsession(s)...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the reason I got into brewing. So I could have a good beer while working on my rusty nuts and busted knuckles on these Oliver tractors :ban:

sheps place.jpg

I love the ocean and marine life, hiking/camping and visiting parks, kayaking, my truck and my wife, my dog, and IT stuff.
Not pictured: my daughter, guitar, music, swimming, cooking, fishing, woodworking, photography, and any diy stuff. I have many passions and not enough free time... I've recently gotten into smoking meats and shooting guns!

1410962527195.jpg

1410962744824.jpg

1410962818282.jpg

1410962871068.jpg

1410963348445.jpg

I could show you, but it'd be XXX rated. Why do you think I have 6 kids?! But I was into these for years, wish I'd uploaded the older that digital ones...
Won best in class that time at Midwest Mazdafest.

I have too many hobbies to cover easily, but here are the big ones I bounce between:

Bringing this old girl back, 1973 R75/5, this was after a ride with my dad and sis:
motorbikes.jpg
And on a ride with my sis:
slash 5 and honda.jpg

Plus my fiance has a project car we're restoring, shooting to have it done for the wedding next summer...this was right before it left for paint:
mnm chevy.jpg

Ice fishing, my daughter loves fishing of all types which is awesome:
matt gwen ice fishing.jpg

This is my old reef tank, a 265gal custom in-wall setup...I'm in between aquarium projects right now but I have a 220gal sitting dry waiting to be set up:
tank.jpg

And, I play men's roller derby. Yes, seriously.
derby.jpg

This is the reason I got into brewing. So I could have a good beer while working on my rusty nuts and busted knuckles on these Oliver tractors :ban:

I've got an old Minneapolis-Moline I've been working on for years. Up until a few years ago it was still running great on the farm. But when the farm went under we kept the tractor.

Also do woodworking, when the 1 year old lets me.
And garden.

This thread just made me fully realize how dull and boring my life is.

Before wife and step kids, I was into guns (still am but moving to MA put a big damper in that), fishing, racing, flying. Been buying a motorcycle at tax time for the last 4 years. Was kayak fishing, then just kayaking, cooking.

Now it is cook dinner 5 nights a week while SHMBO take the kids to soccer practice Monday thru Friday, then soccer games Saturday and Sunday.

Was brewing beer more often, but we now live in a triple decker on the second floor with a landlord living on the first, who equates home brewing beer as manufacturing meth....but being Portuguese she has no problem with the neighbors making wine.

I need a hobby and a life. :( ha haa

Back