What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrunkleJon said:
Nothing like doing math to make you have to do more. Lesee. 5 oz per jager bomb shooter 64oz/5oz shooters = approximately 13 (just shy of) oz of Jager per 64 ounce mixed diabeetus drink. Not to mention at 8.4 oz per can that is 64-13 = 51 oz of RedBull or 51/8.4 or just a little over 6 cans of redbull. and at 64 oz it is still the same abv. I will pass. Ok no more math, more drinking.
I'm surprised you took that on! More drinking like you said. 5th heady coming up!!!

I'm sure it'll be fine. You have to bless up pretty bad and usually on purpose to ruin beer.

Ahhh, that's the stuff.

20131107_171900 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

EDIT: Is this where I'm at now? Forgetting about a post I made only a few minutes prior to this duplicate I just posted?
HAHAH Right?
I just stuck my 10/23/13 in the fridge. 2nd of 2 bottles received.
So having no QB should be fun this week. :D

I have McCowan I can lend you.

Having a green red ale, christmas came early :D still a good brew tho, 1st of many :cross:

2013-11-07 17.38.39.jpg

Nizzle: I can't sift back through all the posts from yesterday... What's the status of your brew from the other day?

HB Nut Brown Ale! First homebrew ever made. Delicious stuff I think. Just had a New Castle to compare, I prefer my HB. Picture on the next bottle.

It lacks in the head department but I'm happy with my first brew overall!

Nizzle: I can't sift back through all the posts from yesterday... What's the status of your brew from the other day?

it's fermenting away I think it will be fine just won't have the abv that I was aiming for but it will be beer in the end.

Apfelwein. Save your FBS for tomorrow - it's international stout day!

Hmmm. Had a 3rd Hot Toddy in the meantime. Apfelwein is almost dead. Oktoberfast is dying, and I have some friends coming by next weekend for a brew session. I have a 1/4 keg of FBS so running out is not really an issue. I think I will go with Apfelwein though as I have 5 gallons (uncarbed) waiting in the wings that I think I can get carbed decently enough by then if I keg tomorrow.

holy schit this is amazing! Thanks again mhurst111, the aroma on this is soooooo good, like sticking your face in a bag of citra and the taste is just unbelievable. You definetly set the bar high with my first brett beer haha everybody should try this if they can! and look at the head on this beauty :D

2013-11-07 18.18.10.jpg

2013-11-07 18.19.02.jpg

What is the date on it? Last years was awesome, not too impressed with this years.

Don't see a date but I'm sure its this years. A little weak for my preference in stouts too at only 7.5%. About half way through my second we will see if its any better by the sixth.

What is the date on it? Last years was awesome, not too impressed with this years.

Made by a married man so same thing ;)

But its not the new castle lacking head, its my nut brown homebrew. I do remember liking Newcastle better last year, I thought my tastes were changing... Good to know that they actually just hosed it up this year!

Finsfan, that looks ridiculously good! I expect a full report on my desk in the morning.

haha easily one of the best beers ive ever had, trade with someone in colorado ASAP to try this. The brett gives it such a nice slight sour/tangy bite to it and the hops are just unbelievable. I wish I had a case of these!

Back