First field sobriety test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nostalgia

Reaction score
And I passed! W00t! Apparently the officer took a dim view of me coming the wrong way out of a one way street. But he was a gentleman about it and after pulling me out of my car and watching my eyes follow his finger, he sent me on my merry way.

My excitement for the night ;) I did get to sample some dozen IPAs and win some cash in a poker game. A fun night all around :)

-Joe

Nice...

I just looked at your Location and I'm happy to know that I'm not in NJ.

I would hate you coming down the wrong way in a one-way and killing my family because you wanted to sample "some dozen IPA's"... play some games and drive home.

I guess it's no worse than the jackasses who think they can eat a bowl of cereal on the 110 in traffic at 60mph.

Nice...

I just looked at your Location and I'm happy to know that I'm not in NJ.

I would hate you coming down the wrong way in a one-way and killing my family because you wanted to sample "some dozen IPA's"... play some games and drive home.

I guess it's no worse than the jackasses who think they can eat a bowl of cereal on the 110 in traffic at 60mph.

Wow! That's a pretty harsh line to take. Maybe your tolerance is lower but, most of the "samples" I have taken were 1 or 2 ounces thus, "some dozen" would equate to a beer or two.

Personally, I think the cop pulled him over for driving an MGB/AH/Fiat like car figuring he MUST be drunk to drive that. ;)

Yeah I was careening down a one way street, ricocheting off cars and children, completely hammered, but was able to convince the nice police officer to let me go. :rolleyes:

I had stopped drinking beer and switched to water and coffee quite a while before leaving, which is why I *wasn't* drunk and *didn't* get thrown in jail by the cop.

I went the wrong way down the street because it was 1am and I'm unfamiliar with the area. I had no idea it was one way until the cop told me.

But thanks for assuming I live to play games and go out drunk and mow down pedestrians.

-Joe

Personally, I think the cop pulled him over for driving an MGB/AH/Fiat like car figuring he MUST be drunk to drive that. ;)
Actually he saw my driving cap and thought it was ridiculous enough to warrant a stop ;)

It's a '78 Triumph Spitfire, for the record.

-Joe

Are you guys kidding, that cop lifted up his little car with one hand, turned it the right direction and then pulled him from it for the sobriety test. I had bigger hotwheels in my collection as a kid.

Disclaimer: I am the owner of a 1980 MGB and have personally lifted one end of the damned thing to get it out of a tight spot.

Not defending anyone here, but if you post in the same comment that you were able to pass a sobriety check, and that you sampled a dozen ipa's, people can make assumptions.

I'm glad you weren't driving drunk, but your post let that fact up to interpretation.

Interpretation is one thing. Coming out and attacking me without the post even implying I was driving under the influence is another. Maybe ask before you get all belligerent.

But whatever. It's the Internet. People love to jump to conclusions.

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

-Joe

Back