Feedback please, Club Business Card Designs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I'd like to know which of these three designs you like best.

biz_copper.jpg

biz_bigwhale.jpg
biz_bottlecap.jpg

Does that last one look like an obvious bottle cap?

I'm thinking the second one... and yes that IS a bottle cap! Although, I've never seen white ones....

Dang it, now I have to go to the site (If Bobby M is involved, it's obligatory)!

all I see are red x's

At least you know it's strong stuff if you're getting the XXX kind of booze.

I like the first one too, but that's probably because business cards are ingrained in my brain to be horizontal.

Did you think about trying the cap from the third in the location of the whale on the first card?

Definatley the first one.

One thing to keep in mind though is that right now your text is all pretty close and aside from WHALES, it's also close to the same size and in a column. Basicly it means that we dont see any one piece of text as really important, so we dont at a glance read anything other than WHALES unless you take a second look. You might want to move the email addresses down to a smaller font and lay them in starting at the bottom left. That way you can move the "crafting..1996" statement down a little so that it has more visual weight.

The HOMEBREWERS CLUB is a little bit of a humdinger for drawing attention too, it's pretty loud. The type placement on your second one is actually pretty good though, you should kill the white stroke on the second to last block of text. Strokes in general are kinda a graphic design no-no, as they tend to screw up the minute details that makes a good font a good font.

as usual, feel free to ignore my advice :)

I like the idea of combining number one and number two because I like the vertical card (it allows for a larger whale) and I like the way "WHALES" looks on the first one because it looks like suds and with the vertical card it looks like he's swimming in home brew with the foam at the top. I'm not sure what color the lettering should be but maybe it would work to introduce some more Blue like the water or maybe make it a yellow or tan/brown beer color.

Anyway... my two cents..

whales2.jpg

I guess my webserver is flaky and happened to be down when you first looked. I actually ordered the cards based on the first design since the club voted for it. I used a company called PrintFirm, Inc. - Full color printing and if these come out anything like the last ones I ordered, they are going to be sweet. 1000 full color glossy for $40 shipped.

Back