Seriously stop using acronyms,

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An acronym is an abbreviation that makes a word. I haven't seen too many of those around here.

But as far as abbreviations, YMMV. BTW my SWMBO 86'ed my SS eBIAB MLT with PBW. It's NP because ATM I've got an AG RIS with high AA EKG and WLP002 in a 5g BB but I'm worried about HSA and DMS from a slow IWC (maybe get a CFC or PC?). But IMHO RDWHAHB! (PS: Asked the OG down at the LHBS about my FG and he said it was "A-OK for BJCP, AFAIK, with 11% ABV".) I'd link pics but the URL is a PITA.

Geez, another EAC thinking he's gonna change the forum.
I was thinking it was because he could find what EAC was :D
Hey OP (see what I did there?), I scanned back through some of your previous posts and you used the following acronyms:
psi
IBU
CO2BIAB
PPM
IPA

So either start saying "pounds per square inch," "International Bitterness Units," "carbon dioxide," "brew in a bag," "parts per million," and "India Pale Ale" or risk being labeled a hypocrite.

Note, I only looked at the first page of results on your posts, if I had time to go farther I think I probably could have found more.

And he didn't even do it right, the 2 is supposed to be subscript!

An acronym is an abbreviation that makes a word. I haven't seen too many of those around here.

But as far as abbreviations, YMMV. BTW my SWMBO 86'ed my SS eBIAB MLT with PBW. It's NP because ATM I've got an AG RIS with high AA EKG and WLP002 in a 5g BB but I'm worried about HSA and DMS from a slow IWC (maybe get a CFC or PC?). But IMHO RDWHAHB! (PS: Asked the OG down at the LHBS about my FG and he said it was "A-OK for BJCP, AFAIK, with 11% ABV".) I'd link pics but the URL is a PITA.

Brilliant. I understood every "word" of it.

Was anyone ever able to figure out what this one meant?????????? An obvious one? :drunk:

Oh, okay, I see, the OP has post traumatic stress disorder, probably from reading so many acros. Anyone remember the online game acrophobia?

Just wait until somebody on here goes apesh*t about proper grammar and spelling in posts. Examples include:

it's/its
to/too/two
your/you're
there/their/there
breath (noun) vs. breathe (verb)

I'm not on a soapbox and no, this doesn't count as that rant.

If you're gonna hate on acronyms, people--OP included--should make sure their written English is impeccable.

Just wait until somebody on here goes apesh*t about proper grammar and spelling in posts. Examples include:

it's/its
to/too/two
your/you're
there/their/there

If you're gonna hate on acronyms, people--OP included--should make sure their written English is impeccable.

Hahahah, but just to check... has anyone other that OP hated on acronyms yet?

What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll **** fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now

What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll **** fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now

That does it....i'm starting a thread telling everybody to cut out the pirate talk.

mattd2 said:
Hahahah, but just to check... has anyone other that OP hated on acronyms yet?

Not yet, but when some one does... I'd like to say I'll be laying in wait, but in reality I'll have moved on with my life and been brewing new batches, all with short names. I'm going to start with "A IPA."

:mug:

Wow, fish food, shark bait? He can kill us all 700 ways!!! Should we be trembling in our boots now? WTHIHTA

Not yet, but when some one does... I'd like to say I'll be laying in wait, but in reality I'll have moved on with my life and been brewing new batches, all with short names. I'm going to start with "A IPA."
:mug:

I'm going to beat you to it, shouldn't that be "an IPA"... oh wait you didn't hate on acronyms so it doesn't count... damn :(

That's what I was thinking.

Ron Burgundy.jpg

mattd2 said:
I'm going to bet you to it, shouldn't that be "an IPA"... oh wait you didn't hate on acronyms so it doesn't count... damn :(

Hah close one! I was going one step beyond that and just using the letter A; one letter per brew. But I can immediately see a flaw in my logic: this limits me to making 26 types of beer. Totally unacceptable, IMO. :p

Oh well, time to return to RDWHAHB-ing :rock:

it's/its
to/too/two
your/you're
there/their/there

Oh eff!! Don't forget "loose/lose" as in "Why do I loose almost a gallon to trub???"

Which would be old english (or pirate talk in the vernacular) for "Why do I intentionally LOSE almost a gallon to trub???"

Whew, that was good comedy. I don't know what was funnier, the thread as a whole or the OP expecting it to go differently. :confused: That post would start the same thread of responses in any forum. I'll stop typing now, I know when to STFU.;)

IHNFI, but I think I like it. (oops, do I get keel-hauled from stem to stern now?)

I'm intrigued as well, but I think that is only one of many ways he could come after you. NFI either, but sounds nice on paper.

OK...I'll play...

BTO consumes KFC while Takin' care of business...

this thread is getting out of hand.

Hah close one! I was going one step beyond that and just using the letter A; one letter per brew. But I can immediately see a flaw in my logic: this limits me to making 26 types of beer. Totally unacceptable, IMO. :p

Oh well, time to return to RDWHAHB-ing :rock:

Nah, just abbreviate all beer into two catagories
A = ales
L = lagers.
"You want an A", "nah, I fell like a crisp L"

wtf r u talkin abt? can't use the abv's? makes txtin lots ezr. swmbo w/ old phone agrees. really, i agree. people, say what you mean. see how hard mine is to read ?!?

Latest posts

Back