Mr beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my second batch with my beer kit and I'm having the same problem. It won't carb up! It tastes like beer just flat. Any ideas ?

This is my second batch with my beer kit and I'm having the same problem. It won't carb up! It tastes like beer just flat. Any ideas ?

How long do you condition for? How are you adding the sugar? How much sugar? What kind of sugar? What are your conditioning temps? How are you capping your bottles or are you using the Mr. Beer bottles? Need more info.

I'm using white sugar in the mr beer plastic bottles. Temp stays in the low 70's

How much sugar per bottle? If you are adding sugar by the bottle you can have inconsistent priming. Your temps are good. Three weeks at 70 degrees if the minimum is primed correctly. Do a search on batch priming. This is a more effective method to ensure an even amount of sugar in each bottle.

Mine always worked great. Took 3 weeks + in cooler house. Directions called for 2.5 teaspoons per 1 liter bottle

Thanks for the help. I'm going to let it go another week or two and try another one. I'm going to try bottling in glass the next batch. See if that will do any better. Thanks again

Mine were all done in PET bottles. 1liter Mr. Beer and a whole bunch of .5 liter Coke bottles. Always worked great. 1.25 teaspoons sugar in the Coke bottles.

Back