Green witch label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkypants

Reaction score
Doing a Yooper's Ruination clone this week subbing in Centennial-type since tough to get the real thing for a decent price. Anyway, calling it Old Green Witch IPA after a nearby town (Old Greenwich). The "witch" is Dean Yeagle's "mandy" character, I just spent some time in GIMP coloring it the way I wanted.

Any ideas to make this interesting? Thanks, all.

ipa4.jpg

(Coming from a designer/advertisering point of view)
FIRST - I like the base design. You did a great job. Please dont take my opinions to heart, they are just my opinions and i can be a bit harsh sometimes.

Colors are too wide spread and the width of the label is going to be hard to read when you put it on a bottle. Try to focus on the witch and her brew pot. You did i very nice job there! Keep the background the same color and try to keep fonts smaller (except the name) It takes away from the witch. If you can make the fire brighter, Orange and yellow stand out in advertising and will make the cauldron pop out a bit more. By the way, whats the name of your brewery? Just keep in mind that Brewery name should be small but stand out, bottled date is more important than Brewed date.

I just threw this in paint and this is the basic idea im talking about.

ipa4-55454.jpg

Really appreciate the feedback. I've fiddled around a bit more and come up with this:
ipa8.jpg

I'll probably fiddle a little bit more since still have a couple weeks to bottling day!

Really like the changes you made to the label. Glad you left the monkeys out of your edited version --- it was a little too remniscent of the Wizard of Oz.

Back