Arrrrrrrrgh stupid sode kegs... actually stupid me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd2

Reaction score
Just need to vent. So I tried the sodastream redbull in a keg today... was good but was only tap water temp (~17 deg C) and shook the keg to get some carb to it. Was really looking forward to it so I cramped it in my fridge that just doesn't really fit 2 kegs but I can force it to and started waiting. Walked away for about 1/2 an hour and then came back and thought "hmmm... the garage sure does smell like red bull... oh S**T. Opened the door and yup 12 litres of red bull on the floor and getting soaked up by some of our camping equipment we still have to find a home for!
Lucky it wasn't beer... yeah right! sticky crap all over the place. Just finished washing out the camping gear (luckly it was only the outside of the storage bags, the stuff inside was fine!).
So to add to my new years resolution list - I will make a keezer so that any future spills will be catured to be disposed of properly (depending on how full the pipeline is :D). To kick thing off, tomorrow I will head out to buy a new 200 litre freezer at boxing day(s) sale with the money I had really wanted to put aside for a brewstand upgrade - oh well new keezer and ghetto brewstand will save me from ranting again!
/vent :D

It feels good to vent, doesn't it, Matt?

Hey, have you considered saving some money by buying a used freezer for your keezer? Here in the USA, we have craigslist.com where people sell used stuff and I've bought a wine refrigerator and dorm refrigerator there for almost nothing. Maybe you could save some money for the parts you're going to need to build the keezer? ;)

It feels good to vent, doesn't it, Matt?

Hey, have you considered saving some money by buying a used freezer for your keezer? Here in the USA, we have craigslist.com where people sell used stuff and I've bought a wine refrigerator and dorm refrigerator there for almost nothing. Maybe you could save some money for the parts you're going to need to build the keezer? ;)

Yeah, I had already bought one from our website which is kind of in between ebay & craigslist. It was still $80 (the very cheapest on there, most people still want ~60% for their 10 yo freezers :eek:) It went good for about 6 months then I moved and didn't plug it in for a while and I'm guessing the gas leaked because now the compressor goes but no cooling!
This way I am sure that my freezer should last at least a little while :) Hopefully I get the one they have on sale at the moment for about 30% off. Cheers ;)

Just need to vent. So I tried the sodastream redbull in a keg today... was good but was only tap water temp (~17 deg C) and shook the keg to get some carb to it. Was really looking forward to it so I cramped it in my fridge that just doesn't really fit 2 kegs but I can force it to and started waiting. Walked away for about 1/2 an hour and then came back and thought "hmmm... the garage sure does smell like red bull... oh S**T. Opened the door and yup 12 litres of red bull on the floor and getting soaked up by some of our camping equipment we still have to find a home for!
Lucky it wasn't beer... yeah right! sticky crap all over the place. Just finished washing out the camping gear (luckly it was only the outside of the storage bags, the stuff inside was fine!).
So to add to my new years resolution list - I will make a keezer so that any future spills will be catured to be disposed of properly (depending on how full the pipeline is :D). To kick thing off, tomorrow I will head out to buy a new 200 litre freezer at boxing day(s) sale with the money I had really wanted to put aside for a brewstand upgrade - oh well new keezer and ghetto brewstand will save me from ranting again!
/vent :D

BUMMER!!!! What was the source of the leak?

BUMMER!!!! What was the source of the leak?

Hose blew off. That's why it was stupid me, I knew they were good with no clamps to at least ~15 psi, didn't check if I needed them over that for soda :( Oh well, got my new freezer for 40% off! When I get back from family holiday I'll be throwing the ebay controller on it as fast as you can say KEEZER!

Back