What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-899257838.jpg

Did they accidentally put Rayon Vert in this can? Very good clove aroma, with some slight banana and spice notes. Not sure why they would release a hefe now, but lucky for them I don't really correlate beer to seasons. Another shot of it after the head settled and more beer added.

They released this Hef back in May or June.

Huh... I'm seeing it here for the first time yesterday.

Am I the only one who this beer strikes as closer to an IPA than a winter warmer? There's certainly some holiday type spices there, but they're quite subdued by the hop character I am picking up. Could be just me, though I sincerely hope it's not my palate going south.

nukebrewer said:
Huh... I'm seeing it here for the first time yesterday. Am I the only one who this beer strikes as closer to an IPA than a winter warmer? There's certainly some holiday type spices there, but they're quite subdued by the hop character I am picking up. Could be just me, though I sincerely hope it's not my palate going south. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/11019501023

That's because you live in Rhode Island. :D

I had that stuff when summer started. If I recall correctly, I sent some to Clint as an extra beer in a trade. I also sent him my own hefeweizen which was really clove-heavy (fermented in low 60s). I miss that beer.

Celebration, frostbite, warlock, vanilla duble whatever, and I think that's it. Then I ate for the first time today. Haha

Man, I need a life.

nukebrewer said:
Huh... I'm seeing it here for the first time yesterday. Am I the only one who this beer strikes as closer to an IPA than a winter warmer? There's certainly some holiday type spices there, but they're quite subdued by the hop character I am picking up. Could be just me, though I sincerely hope it's not my palate going south. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93961624@N06/11019501023

Nuke, I think it's a red ale. I get more hoppy flavor and bitterness than I do spice flavor or aroma. I still have two or three more downstairs.

nukebrewer said:

Nuke -- http://stratford.patch.com/groups/c...s-a-new-beer-for-summer--no-limits-hefeweizen

That's because you live in Rhode Island. :D

Essentially, haha.

Nuke, I think it's a red ale. I get more hoppy flavor and bitterness than I do spice flavor or aroma. I still have two or three more downstairs.

Well, it says on the can that it's a winter warmer, but Untappd has it listed as an imperial red. Works for me, haha.

I believed you, just didn't know about it until October when I had it at the brewery, then saw it for the first time in a store yesterday.

Stone Arrogant Bastard Oaked Ale, Matt and Finns Winter ale, Oskar Blues.
Imperial stout. The RIS I Brewed in June hasn't come around to my likings but the Oskar Blues tastes almost identical...I guess I should be happy about that?!?

Victory Red thunder. Great stuff. As it happens, i am actually going to dry the red wine soaked oak chips i made right now. They will be going into a pet next week.

nukebrewer said:
Essentially, haha. Well, it says on the can that it's a winter warmer, but Untappd has it listed as an imperial red. Works for me, haha. I believed you, just didn't know about it until October when I had it at the brewery, then saw it for the first time in a store yesterday.

No worries, man. Just wanted to share, brotha!!

Seeing if this sauvignon blanc well blend well with this bella saison. It mellows the bitterness a bit and isnt exceptional i think ill have to add my last oak spiral as well

ForumRunner_20131123_184805.jpg

Had low expectations with this and I was wrong, Im a man that can admit I was so wrong! 4% goodness. ****ty ratings it has, which I disagree. I had the can version. Pack this little guy up and take it outdoors in the summer for shure. Or just pretend your not in freezing temps outdoors right now.

wyld.jpg

ballsy said:
I can't stomach this one for some reason....I've always been more salty than sweet in general though...
I can't have more then 1 at a time. A good change of pace from the winter Warmers once in a while.

Back