Does anyone here own a Honda Element?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love it. I own an '04, bought it new, and hope to drive it until 2024. I'm tall, so I love that it's got lots of headroom.

Basically, it's my pickup. Take out the back seats, and load it up. I've brought home more 2x4s that I can count, you don't even need to leave the back open (as long as you don't have a passenger). I've brought home 16-foot 4x4s, and a 27-foot extention ladder. Even drywall can be done.

We take it on all the long trips, and it's a lot more comfortable than the other cars I've owned.

You can't literally hose it down, but the fact that it's flat inside means it's easy to sweep out.

Easy to lug all of my brew gear.

Gas mileage is good for an SUV. No maintenance other than the normal, and I just needed new brakes at ~80k miles.

The only thing I dislike is that it's only a four-seater. Other than that, I can't speak highly enough of it.

Decent power (don't ask me what engine I have, all I know is that I bought the high-end model so I'm assuming I have the biggest engine they offered). Accelerates pretty well, especially given that it's basically a truck. All-wheel drive.

Here's a little thing that I love; the turning radius is incredibly tight, much tighter than in any of the small cars I've owned. Makes it easy to maneuver in parking lots, and if I'm on a small road and need to turn around, I can just do a 180°.

I used one for a day via Zipcar. Didn't have any major problems, or major likes. If you're really serious, rent one for a day and see how it does for you.

B

I ride in one occasionally. I hate it. Back seat passengers get bumped around like they're riding a go-cart. If the windows are down, the wind noise is deafening. Back seat passengers can't roll windows down, so if the a/c is not on, they'll feel like they're suffocating. The arm rests are too low. YMMV

Back