One thing after another and then it happened

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd2

Reaction score
So I had a bad night the other night. Got home from work and the wife was sick (1) so I said I would make dinner and sort the kids, got them in a bath and went and made dinner, mac&cheese as I was being a bit lazy, asnd while the cheese sauce was cooking I decided to put the kids PJs in the dryer to make them nice and toasty to get into. Walk into the garage and notice the dryer is on but not moving (which is weird because even after it stops it still rotates every 30 seconds or so for "crease free" clothes), so I pull the clothes in there out and go to start the dryer and nothing (2 - turns out the start run cap was blown). Then I go and put the dinner in the oven to bake and the dish slips and I spill half the dinner into the bottom of the oven (3), so I clean that up get the kids dress and feed and in bed and then go to take a look at the dryer. I open it up and end up cutting myself on one of the pressed sheet metal panels (4 - not a bad cut but one of the ones that stings!)...
So I patch my finger up and finish of and think "you know what, I could really do with a sit down and a beer", I grab and glass and head to the keg fridge...

And then it happened...

1" of beer in the bottom of the glass and then PSSSSSSSSST

Keg kicked and I had no more homebrew (or even beer) left!
Damn no pipeline and a fridge that can only hold 1 keg!

I need to brew more!

/rant

Anyone else go an ammusing story like this?

Could be worse. You could be this poor bastard...

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be worse. You could be this poor bastard...

Wow... all I can say about that one!

At least I didn't get hurt, spare the cut finger.
One thing I am happy about is the pride I can feel by fixing (hopefully a $15 capacitor) the dryer myself and not paying someone $100+ to do it. Silver linings, it's all about finding the silver linings. I also have a keg of Edwort's Apfelwein in the fridge now :)

Dude, that's a sukky day and a half!

I know my Wit is going to kick any day now. And my other homebrew is fairly nasty Oktoberfest that I'm seriously thinking about pouring out as soon as I have something else to take it's place.

But I gots lots of bottled beer in the fridge and other stashes. You really need to take better care of yourself you know!

Kicked my Chocolate Milk Stout tonight. Been nursing it for a few days so I knew it was coming. The Blonde Ale I brewed is flavorless and is in the secondary with raspberries hoping for flavor. Barleywine still has months before it is ready. Apfelwein and Graff ready to drink but I could really use a beer :( ... still my day sounds better that yours, sorry dude.

Thanks guys, yeah I really got to bet brewing more! Going to try to get a MLT together tonight and hopefully pick up my keggle from the shop and get my DIY grain mill bolted together and working so then, after all that is done, I can really get into AG!

Dang, sounds like some sort of Stephen King horror flick...but then again, I've never seen a horror flick that scared me as much as actually being out of beer.

My condolences, good sir. I would have had a full-blown meltdown at the macaroni-spilling-into-oven part and just burned the damn house down!

Yes, this sounds horrifying although I am scanning all over snopes right now as I am fairly certain it is an urban legend. Please explain how something like this can happen!

I'm not totally sure if it's really possible. I've heard it can only happen when there are two full moons in one calendar month, causing an outbreak of strange funk to infect all beers not yet bottled/kegged, and I believe it can only happen on Russian soil.

So the really important question here is, "has someone been smuggling Russian soil into American brewhouses?"

This is serious business.

Back