Love Controller in Collar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STAD

Reaction score
Is it safe to mount the Love Temperature controller in the collar of my keezer? I can imagine having wiring inside the freezer might be in issue if there is ANY condensation. I don't want to burn my house down due to an electrical fire. Someone had suggested a project box, but I have no idea what these are or how they work. Can someone give me a hand here?

A project box is just an empty black plastic box for projects. They can be bought a radio shack in various sizes.

People have also put them in collars and mounted into upright freezer doors, You can always protect the wires independently and then again as a group with heat shrink. Here's a picture of John Beere's. Hope he doesn't mind. If this is not koscher Mods, you can delete the pic.
DSC00377.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

A project box is just a plastic box with a lid. You can get them at radio shack.

One of those blue electrical outlet boxes may work, if you can find one that will fit.

Who did you get your controller from?

The love controller comes in a NEMA 4 enclosure here is what the NEMA 4 is rated for

NEMA 4 – Enclosures constructed for either indoor or outdoor use to provide a degree of protection to personnel against incidental contact with the enclosed equipment; to provide a degree of protection against falling dirt, rain, sleet, snow, windblown dust, splashing water, and hose-directed water; and that will be undamaged by the external formation of ice on the enclosure.

From this website
NEMA 4 and Other NEMA Ratings

I got my love controller from Cole Palmer for $49. It was a good price compared to the prewired ones. Plus, they look nice when completed, I was just concerned about the mounting. Is there a project box on the back of the picture above?

Nope, that's just the plastic cover the snaps on. Just cut the proper hole in the collar material and slide it in. When I installed mine in freezer doors, I cut a hole that was slightly smaller and then ground the steel down until the controller fit perfectly. To start, it is better to make a smaller hole that can be enlarged than a larger hole.

Back