ECY on love2brew.com right now!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone looking to trade, I have ECY 01(Version V), 02, 03, 04, 09, and 20 (and a lot more other stuff) Requesting 'clean, unfermented' samples. Less than 1.5 ml needed.

I have some clean ECY19 Brett Custersianus that I would like to trade (only from starter). Would you be interested in trading? Would love to get whatever you would be willing to part with.

I'm about to get 19, but another wouldn't hurt just to be safe would like some 23 and 5 as well. PM me a message with an address. I'm going on vacation for a week, will be back 2/23 and can send out then.

I've been trying to get my hands on some 20, but don't have any of the blends to trade. I'm happy to pay supply/shipping costs, trade beer, or... other?

I might be able to step you up a bit of mine. PM me and I'll see what I can do for you. You'll get a bit of all the bugs but the ratio will probably be off from what it is in the vial.

Finally grabbed one! Been holding off during the winter because all my brewing stuff is in storage until we move into our new house next month, but I figure it's close enough! Now I just need to get some Bug County and I'll be set.

ECY is now available and we've added 1 BBL size pitches! Please read the item carefully before purchasing! www.love2brew.com

This is a great product but is there any chance we can work on the math?

A 30 gallon barrel would take 6 five gallon yeast batches. Why is the 1 BBL yeast product marked at 10 times the rate of a 5 gallon batch? There is a note regarding yeast population but that still does not seem reasonable.

This is a great product but is there any chance we can work on the math?

A 30 gallon barrel would take 6 five gallon yeast batches. Why is the 1 BBL yeast product marked at 10 times the rate of a 5 gallon batch? There is a note regarding yeast population but that still does not seem reasonable.

I asked the same question to someone on Facebook who was really happy, almost bragging that he got a 1bbl pitch. Asked the cell count of the 1bbl pitch vs. just buying 6 homebrew pitches:
cricket...

Perhaps they have a different barrel size in mind? While a barrel of beer refers to 31 gallons, wild beers are aged in a number of barrel types that may be larger. If I remember correctly, whiskey and some wine barrels are 60 gallons.

Perhaps they have a different barrel size in mind? While a barrel of beer refers to 31 gallons, wild beers are aged in a number of barrel types that may be larger. If I remember correctly, whiskey and some wine barrels are 60 gallons.

"This product is for 1 BBL (One US Barrel - 31 Gallons) and designed for group brews and/or homebrew clubs to use."

Hello everyone, we saw this thread and wanted to chime in.

It is not our standard practice to discuss our pricing strategies with the public but our main concern is customer satisfaction and we understand that the pricing model or 1 BBL pitches may cause some confusion so we wanted to help explain our price point.

As mentioned on the website one of the main factors of these BBL pitches is the exact cell count with significantly higher ratios of the bacteria being used. This will lead to a more commercial quality end result with your sours especially when compared to pitching the equivalent number of 5 gal vials. In addition an important benefit of the BBL pitches is that they allow you to avoid the scarcity of trying to scramble together 6 or 7 individual vials with your club members which is unlikely with current supplies as they currently stand.

As far as our price point yeast in general, but especially ECY, are the lowest margin items we sell. The BBL pitches cost us more than the retail for 6x 5 gallon pitches. We believe our pricing is more then fair based on these two factors. In addition we value our relationship with ECY and strongly believe in the products they offer. As their sole internet distributor we owe it to them to help build the ECY brand and promote their products at an accessible price. Remember that ECY is a small business and they are premium products. Like many things you get what you pay for.

We appreciate and value any/all customer feedback regarding our products and services. As we continue to grow as many of your vendor of choice we want to make sure that we're doing everything in our power to address any issues you may have. If you have any other questions or comments please let us know.

From everything I've read about this ECY stuff, it is the bomb. I hate to order the 1 BBL size, but seems like there are more bugs in it. Since I brew 10 gallon batches, maybe I'll try to brew a larger batch (15 gallons) with concentrated boil and dilute with water in fermenters, and pitch half the package, and save the rest for another brew. I already have spent $90 on fresh picked blueberries ( and still need to source some rhubarb) for this brew to add to secondary so what the heck...

TD

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

There's a thread on the forum somewhere about swapping wild yeasts and another specifically for swapping ECY samples. I'd try to find someone willing to share before dropping $120.

Just ordered ECY01, ECY03-B, ECY29!

Love that you guys post on here to update everyone! Thanks

Is it just me or is the website being really buggy right now?

Edit: I'm sure there is lots of traffic.

Back