Toasted oat coffee brown?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tykees

Reaction score
Im planning on partial mashing later today. 5 pounds british 2 row 3 pounds muntons light dme. 8oz. C-60 8oz. Chocolate. Toasting some rolled oats maybe half a pound or a pound. Coffee going in at kegging time. What do you guys think? Any major adjustments?

Went with nine ounces toasted oats. This went into the fermentor a nice rich brown color. I am curious on the coffee for a medium to strong coffee flavor I am thinking of one cup of cold brewed coffee per gallon. Too strong?

I did 2 cups of cold brewed espresso in a brown ale and it wasn't even strong enough to be called a background flavor after aging, so I'd say 4-5 cups would be good if you want it to be pronounced.

It was good going into the bucket. I had a little leftover that I drank after I got the fermentor filled. But that's as far as I got. This one wound up with a pellicle infection. I haven't gotten around to brewing it again unfortunately.

Back