Help, I stained my bathtub!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fastdoc

Reaction score
A couple people gave me a case of empties and I put them in our master bathtub with some bleach to sanitize them and take the labels off. They were probably in the tub for a couple weeks.

Well, today I finally got around to getting the bottles out and there is a black rim around the water line and the tub is stained a purplish black -- except where the individual bottles sat.

SWMBO is not pleased. Taking the Mr. Clean abrasive sponges to it did nothing. The tub is your garden variety plastic type.

How can I get this stain off?? :confused:

1fastdoc said:
Will do. By the way, I'm drinking an apfelwein right now. Good stuff.
Thanks. Make sure SWMBO gets at least 3 glasses. It will make the stain disappear (at least temporarily ) :D

I owe you a case my friend. Oxyclean, hot water and a scrub brush left it cleaner than it was before the bottles went in.

SWMBO is pleased and I'm still allowed to brew. :D

Good news! Life is good! Have another Apfelwein! My Kölsch keg blew an hour ago, so I switched to the good old standby. Man that Kölsch was tasty, but this Apfelwein is fantastic on this hot day here in Austin.

Get a big Rubbermaid Tub to soak bottles in the future!

Anyone else need marriage counseling? :D

couple weeks?!?! Damn about 4-5 hours in a bucket with some Oxyclean makes my bottles sparkle. Except that damn Bud Light.... I knew I shouldn't of taken that bottle home... Its got some shrink wrap kinda label on it .

Bernie Brewer said:
EdWort, the Love Doctor.........:D

Dr. Phil's got nuttin' on you,man!

That's sounds like Phil and Ed's business..... (someone had to say it)

BTW, where did you take a bath fo those weeks they were soaking, i mean if you had a guest bathtub wouldn't it have been better to put them in there?

DeadYetiBrew said:
That's sounds like Phil and Ed's business..... (someone had to say it)

BTW, where did you take a bath fo those weeks they were soaking, i mean if you had a guest bathtub wouldn't it have been better to put them in there?

I use the shower that is next to the tub. It's a larger tub so I can keep it shallow and easily squeeze a case of bottles in there.

The guest bath tub is used for my son so I can't fill it full of bottles.

Back