Anouther Great experience out to eat!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primetime

Reaction score
I went out to eat last night at a spot called Bar louie's. They have a good draft beer selection, and some good deals for happy hour. So I sit down, and my Dad has allready ordered a bucket of yellow fizz, so I decide to order a good beer before I attempt to help him down his crap. So i ask what craft beers that have on draft. Waitress tells me they have Bell's 2 hearted, and winter ale. Perfect!! I love 2 hearted. She comes back 5 minutes later, and tells me they are out of 2 hearted, so I say no prob, i'll take the winter ale. She come back with a Cloudy blonde hefe style beer. I knew right off the bat that it was the wrong beer, but I decided to try it anyway. I'm not sure if it was even from bells, but it was some sort of summer beer, or hefeweizen. It was good, but not what I ordered....plus I just had a winter ale the day before, and was in the mood for more. I told the waitress it was the wrong style beer, and she told me NO it's not!!, I explainded that winter ales are usually brown, to darker in color, and that i just had one the day before...(not to metion I toured their brewery) She then tells me I'm wrong, and that it is for sure the bell's winter ale. Also that she has been serving it all night, and that she watched the bar tender pour it. So I say that I'm not trying to be a jerk, and that the beer she served me is good, but it is not what the said it is, and that maybe they have the lines mixed. By this time i'm sure she is not listening and rolling her eyes at me

So I drop it, drink my hefe summer beer, help my dad finish his Bud, and pay the bill leave a tip, and walk next store to the next bar. They have Sam Adams winter ale, i have 2 of those and enjoy myself. I was steaming for a bit them cooled off, I wanted to go to the store and buy a 6er of the winter ale and bring her back one to prove my point. But after I got I my car, It didn't seem worth it anymore.

Question.....Should I call the manager today, just to inform him the lines are crossed? Or just drop it?

You should probably let the bartender know, he might have his taps mixed up.

I went out to eat last night at a spot called Bar louie's. They have a good draft beer selection, and some good deals for happy hour. So I sit down, and my Dad has allready ordered a bucket of yellow fizz, so I decide to order a good beer before I attempt to help him down his crap. So i ask what craft beers that have on draft. Waitress tells me they have Bell's 2 hearted, and winter ale. Perfect!! I love 2 hearted. She comes back 5 minutes later, and tells me they are out of 2 hearted, so I say no prob, i'll take the winter ale. She come back with a Cloudy blonde hefe style beer. I knew right off the bat that it was the wrong beer, but I decided to try it anyway. I'm not sure if it was even from bells, but it was some sort of summer beer, or hefeweizen. It was good, but not what I ordered....plus I just had a winter ale the day before, and was in the mood for more. I told the waitress it was the wrong style beer, and she told me NO it's not!!, I explainded that winter ales are usually brown, to darker in color, and that i just had one the day before...(not to metion I toured their brewery) She then tells me I'm wrong, and that it is for sure the bell's winter ale. Also that she has been serving it all night, and that she watched the bar tender pour it. So I say that I'm not trying to be a jerk, and that the beer she served me is good, but it is not what the said it is, and that maybe they have the lines mixed. By this time i'm sure she is not listening and rolling her eyes at me

So I drop it, drink my hefe summer beer, help my dad finish his Bud, and pay the bill leave a tip, and walk next store to the next bar. They have Sam Adams winter ale, i have 2 of those and enjoy myself. I was steaming for a bit them cooled off, I wanted to go to the store and buy a 6er of the winter ale and bring her back one to prove my point. But after I got I my car, It didn't seem worth it anymore.

Question.....Should I call the manager today, just to inform him the lines are crossed? Or just drop it?

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/287/8682/

Bell's makes two winter beers. One is like an english pale ale but really hoppy, the other is a belgian wit style which I am guessing you got. Neither is brown. I think you are wrong on this one.

ETA: The only one called "winter" is the wit. The other one I described is "Christmas Ale".

Bell's makes two winter beers. One is like an english pale ale but really hoppy, the other is a belgian wit style which I am guessing you got. Neither is brown. I think you are wrong on this one.

ETA: The only one called "winter" is the wit. The other one I described is "Christmas Ale".

Oh Snap! The thread's ruined!

HAHAHA, I suggest you go back to the restaurant and apologize to the waitress.
IMG_1380.JPG

Thread kill?

OP kill maybe.

This might push the thread to epic.

*LESSON TAKEN*

-Google the subject in question at least lazilly before posting thread.....

;)

I can't find the beerlist online though they claim to have an "interesting array of microbrews" what else did they have?

How was the food?

I didn't realize you were in Michigan, and this is in Novi.

i think its the same chain, we have two in milwaukee.

i haven't been there in a real long time.

Well this is intresting, i guess the thing that got me worked up is that I had it the day before. So they have 2 different winter stlye beers? The other one was a brown nut ale.....damn I could be wrong!!!lol I was not rude to her at all. This is too funny. Beer snob was wrong? lol still laughing at myself

This is Bell's Christmas Ale,

he basic inspiration for Bell's Christmas Ale was to create a sessionable holiday beer, using locally grown malt, which would stand apart from the array of spiced winter warmers that are typically introduced this time of year. In contrast to many other seasonals, Christmas Ale doesn't contain any spices: all of the dry, toasted notes & subtle toffee flavors come from the 100% Michigan-grown barley, custom malted by Briess Malting, while a blend of hops from Michigan & the Pacific Northwest lend earthy, herbal aromas. At 5.5% ABV, it stands as a smooth, highly drinkable beer intended to complement holiday menus.

I had a Sam adam Winter ale, I guess I was stuck on the winter brown ale from the day before. The SA was very good, it was what i was in the mood for.

I had a Sam adam Winter ale, I guess I was stuck on the winter brown ale from the day before. The SA was very good, it was what i was in the mood for.

Sam Adam's has a winter lager, which to me taste like boston lager but with spices instead of hops. That said they also have White Ale (used to be a spring seasonal guess they moved it), Holiday Porter, Old Fizwig Ale and now Chocolate Bock (so glad they dropped the lambic) for winter though, all of them are pretty good,I like the Holiday porter the best though.

Kind of OT:

We have a handful of Bar Louie's in the Denver Metro area as well. They do carry a wide array of taps. You probably can't find a beer list online as it's different based upon region. We won't find Bell's here, but along with the standard BMC, Guinness, and Stella, they will have 2-3 taps each committed to local micros. Here, that means New Belgium, Odell's, Great Divide, Avery, Oscar Blues, and Ska. Maybe 1 or 2 others. Food is pretty good too.

Back