ok... laugh it up:)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer Snob

Reaction score
The brew this weekend was really cool... no literally.... it was cool... bloody cold actually. I was at a nursing home if you recall... well the faucet fitting to the chiller did not work. So, I'm standing there (LMAO) with the tubbing shoved in the faucet blasting on cold holding it there with my hands as best I could :fro: . Cooling two pots.... at oh... 15 or so minutes a piece.... standing there for 30ish minutes holding a real bloody cold connection to the chiller :tank:

You brewed at a nursing home? With all those nasty old-people-germs floating around? You're a braver man than I. Don't be surprised if your beer comes out tasting like BenGay and mothballs.

Were you doing a demonstration for the residents? I'm sure they got a blast out of watching you standing there... probably made their week. Hell, that would have made MY week!

At what temp did you finally say "COOL ENOUGH!"?

The stories I heard... one was an Uncle who brewed... went to do some farm work outside and his son took off his diaper and dunked it in the brew (supposingly imitating the Uncle)..... nasty....

One woman remembered a lot of how her mother brewed. Instead of using hops they used bitter apple. Any yeast they had....an ice box to cool the wort down (she laughed so hard when I showed her the wort chiller.... "the things they think of today....")

Evan! said:
You brewed at a nursing home? With all those nasty old-people-germs floating around? You're a braver man than I. Don't be surprised if your beer comes out tasting like BenGay and mothballs.

I work at another one too... actually it's a pretty good environment. They have more to worry about what you bring in to them then the other way around. The death toll goes up every Winter when the employees get sick the most.

Back