Coffee Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agroff383

Reaction score
I brewed a robust porter with 8 oz of cold steeped Starbucks sumatran coffee, I poured the concentrated coffee into the wort at the end of the boil. OG was 1050 and I used a euro ale yeast from white labs. I brewed it on 11-7-09 and bottled this past friday. I tasted it and it is strong! I added a tablespoon and a half of cocoa when putting in the priming sugar. This is the most excited I have been to date about a beer, also I think the temp it fermented at was perfect, the room held steady at 60F. My FG was 1012, so I am washing this yeast and keeping it for other appropriate styles. (ALso something I learned about on here, trying to cut costs per brew)

So THANKS everyone on here who has helped me and given advice, I feel like I am progressing along making great beer and I havent even been doing this 1 full year yet!

Back