Blichmann Burner Adjustment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncan83865

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a Banjo burner to a Blichmann. I'm curious--I did some searching, but couldn't find any discussions on what people use for a regulator setting. It looks like you get three full turns, so I'm wondering what others typically set it at to get a decent rolling boil (but not too vigorous)? Thanks.

You're probably not going to like this, but long ago I marked the knobs on both of my Blichmann regs with a Sharpie for a nice rolling boil, and one of them requires ~260° to get there, while the other only needs ~ 150° for the same flame height.

This is with my 10 gallon Blichmann G1 kettles with a starting volume around 6.5 gallons. My 20 gallon G1 kettles with ~ 13 gallons need a bit more rotation on both regs, but the difference between the two regs is still pretty much maintained...

Cheers!

Thanks for the info. I was just curious more than anything-I obviously plan to experiment with mine to figure out the best setting. I'm assuming you meant that you're able to get a good boil at less than a full turn on the regulator? I just wanted to make sure you weren't equating 360° to the three full turns (wide open)? Thanks again!

lol

I assure you my meaning was plain (and only an impaired person would equate 360° with three full turns ;))
In any case, there's no apparent consistency between regs...

Cheers!

Back