time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun! It looks and sounds delicious. What is your verdict on it?

Guys, I'm going to have to wait and post one tomorrow, if you don't mind. Sorry for the slight delay!

Hey guys, I ended up cracking an extra brew tonight after all, so I'll post it! I wasn't going to post because my first (and supposed-to-be last) beer of the night was a Stone Master-of-Disguise, which someone posted pretty recently, so I didn't want to do a repeat. But, I ended up drinking another, so here it is. Specific brew please!!! The color is a hint in and of itself here.

Photo on 12-30-14 at 10.01 PM.jpg

The smack pack (which is unrelated to this beer; it has since been pitched into my just-brewed smoked Scottish 80/-) is Wyeast American Ale II. Pretty psyched for that beer!

Okay, so...

1. It is listed on Beer Advocate as an American Amber/Red Ale. However, the beer's own label lists it as something rather different.

2. It is a year-round offering, not a seasonal.

3. It comes in a bottle. If they sell cans of it, I'm unaware.

Choco, it's not Modern Times Blazing World.

It's west coast.

For questions (at least for my turn), let's limit them to yes or no questions...otherwise it's all too easy to slip into "give us a style" and "what's the brewery," which are a different type of question that kind of defeat the purpose of a guessing/sleuthing game. (Not that anyone asked either of those questions specifically).

:pipe: Sir, I believe you've beaten the system!

Bwahahaha!

Reminds me of a fond memory from High School. We had a very-serious-type English teacher who was giving us a spelling test. He gives us the next word for us to spell, let's say it was "egregious" (don't remember the actual word). One of my classmates almost pulls a fast one on him:

Teacher: The next word is "egregious. Egregious. Outstandingly bad; shocking."
Classmate: Can you use that in a sentence?
Teacher: The spelling errors present in this class's last essay were particularly egregious.
Classmate: And how is that spelled?
Teacher: *eyeroll* E, G, R, E.... wait a second!

ok choco and I might be on the same page with this one. Is the name copper on the label?

Actually, no. Copper is not the descriptor they use. We had the right color at some point previously, but it simply wasn't attached to the correct style (at least as far as the label is concerned, which is what I will go off of).

Bwahahaha!

Reminds me of a fond memory from High School. We had a very-serious-type English teacher who was giving us a spelling test. He gives us the next word for us to spell, let's say it was "egregious" (don't remember the actual word). One of my classmates almost pulls a fast one on him:

Teacher: The next word is "egregious. Egregious. Outstandingly bad; shocking."
Classmate: Can you use that in a sentence?
Teacher: The spelling errors present in this class's last essay were particularly egregious.
Classmate: And how is that spelled?
Teacher: *eyeroll* E, G, R, E.... wait a second!

Hahaha gotta love those sly kids in class who can pull one over on the teacher. I had an elementary school classmate who disregarded what our teacher told him to do at some point, and when she got mad and asked him "Who's the boss," he didn't miss a beat before responding, "Bruce Springsteen."

Back