My Fermentation Chamber Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesseth

Reaction score
So, I have finally begun building my Fermentation Chamber! From what I can tell, it is a different design than others I have seen, but greatly thankful to all the build threads that inspired me to build this!!! I framed out my box with wood, and put it on stilts 3' above the ground so that I can store my brewing equipment under it and siphoning straight from the chamber into a keg or secondary fermenter would be made easy. Then I insulated the box. I plan to finish it out with wood so that the insulation is not showing as it is now. A good craigslist find, $25 full-sized fridge finally made this possible. I have a temperature controller on the fridge controlling the fridge section to lager temps ~50F and cut a hole in the freezer. I built an insulated bridge connecting the hole from the freezer to my chamber with computer fans pushing/pulling cold air from the freezer into the chamber. These fans are controlled by another temp. controller keeping the chamber at ~68F. Works great! Now I'm switching over to all-grain when I get back next week and I'll put the chamber to good use!

P1010960.jpg

P1010961.jpg

P1010962.jpg

A guest room my wife has allowed me to invade as long as I make plenty of wines, ciders, and GF beers. Also, I can store all my equipment under it so it is no longer in random areas around the house

How well is that working for you? Is the computer fan set up on a temp controller to turn on when needed? Or is the freezer? Or is just sheer luck that this keeps the temp you want? I have been thinking of doing something similar with an old mini-freezer I have.

EDIT: Wow, it really helps to read before posting. Nevermind :mug:

Back