7 breweries in 10 days!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan

Reaction score
I was on a family vacation and with the help of the http://beermapping.com/ beermapping project, I managed to swindle my way into 7 brewery tours in 10 days. :)

I toured (in this order):

One Guy Brewing (Berwick, PA)
Otto's Brewpub (State College, PA)
Wagner Winery and Brewery (Lodi, NY)
Horseheads Brewery (Horseheads, NY)
Cooperstown Brewery (Cooperstown, NY)
Brewery Ommegang (cooperstown, NY)
Blue Mountain Brewery and Hops Farm (central VA)

I got growlers at all but ommegang and blue mountain.

I got home just after midnight this past Sunday (so very very early Sunday), slept 6 hours, then spent 13 hours brewing a couple batches in the garage.

near both of those are tons of other brewpubs and such. Make your meals at brewpubs and go get a tour while the appetizers are served to everyone else!

I was on a family vacation and with the help of the http://beermapping.com/ beermapping project, I managed to swindle my way into 7 brewery tours in 10 days. :)

I toured (in this order):

One Guy Brewing (Berwick, PA)
Otto's Brewpub (State College, PA)
Wagner Winery and Brewery (Lodi, NY)
Horseheads Brewery (Horseheads, NY)
Cooperstown Brewery (Cooperstown, NY)
Brewery Ommegang (cooperstown, NY)
Blue Mountain Brewery and Hops Farm (central VA)

I got growlers at all but ommegang and blue mountain.

I got home just after midnight this past Sunday (so very very early Sunday), slept 6 hours, then spent 13 hours brewing a couple batches in the garage.

Wagner is in my neck of the woods. What did you think of Horseheads Brewery? We went last Fall and it wasn't very good. You were very close to the Ithaca Beer Co. in Ithaca and Roosterfish Brewery in Watkins Glen. They are both very good.

Nyer,
I was really impressed by Horseheads on our visit. Most of their beers were good, and a few were very good. I had a brown ale from them that was very complex and enjoyable that I pretty much wouldn't share but small samples of with anyone else. Wagner treats their brewery like an afterthought, and had a high school kid in there pulling beers, who sent us out with the wrong beer in the growler. Nice equipment, but really no respect for beer there, though the beers were okay.

I would have loved to hit everything, but I had to be a little careful not to overload the wife. She likes brewing and beer, but maybe not enough to hit more than one or two a day. Plus I wanted to save some to hit next time I was in the area visiting family!

Back