Induction heating element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Northernlad: I did, that is part of why I was looking at my European options - which are sometimes cheaper. I also know that SWMBO has said that if I can get it set up for under $800, I can have it this year; otherwise I can "put the money aside and do it next year to put in our new house." And a big thanks for the information -

The 65920 looks like a good option. However, it looks like I will be waiting a few extra months to get this set up (bummer). Albeit, depending on the house we buy for next year, I might just see about getting a built in induction hob - they can apparently handle more weight and per watt are often cheaper.

---

That all said looks like I will have to drink a few more brew and :tank: plan on a Vollrath or similar system next year (bah humbug).

---

@Sawdustguy: I did read that. I see how you arrive at your conclusion, and that might be the way it is properly calculated. If that is the case, then it adds a max of 4 Amps to the equation, which is still below 100 Amps (but it is getting close to 60A).

---

Now, back to thinking about building my own unit ;). Anyone know anyone who has tried to do that? :cross:

Of course in terms of getting purchase approval from significant others, these units can readily be used to cook anything on (as long as you have the pots). Not just relagated to turkey frying, seafood boils etc.

Of course in terms of getting purchase approval from significant others, these units can readily be used to cook anything on (as long as you have the pots). Not just relagated to turkey frying, seafood boils etc.

That is why I have permission to purchase - eventually - rather than a flat out ban ;)

Latest posts

Back