What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little gose.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402275092.742027.jpg

How did your gose turn out?mine is still in secondary. Hoping that lacto will do some more work

I'm not sure yet haha i bottled it last week but I'm just not sure how i liked it. Its not gross by any means but I'm hoping the carb and time help it. I think it was too much lacto and its dry as a bone at 1.000 so there isnt much to find it.

Went to my Craft Brewers Guild meeting up in Flagstaff yesterday and got to have some great beers at Lumberyard Brewery, Mother Road Brewery, and Wanderlust Brewery. All very good breweries and great people running them
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402275763.875197.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402275788.544568.jpg
The smaller brewery is Wanderlust and they are doing some amazing things with their 3bbl system.

Today I'm pounding All Day IPA with a damn tasty cigar

A little 3F Intense Red. I think I heard there's some cherry in this beer or something? Love breaking out the goods for Game of Thrones ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402276656.476371.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm not sure yet haha i bottled it last week but I'm just not sure how i liked it. Its not gross by any means but I'm hoping the carb and time help it. I think it was too much lacto and its dry as a bone at 1.000 so there isnt much to find it.

What did you mash at?.. I thought mine had too much coriander. I didn't even grind it. Im thinking I just want it to live up to the Westbrook version. I still need to bottle. Its slightly sour but I bought some lactic acid to add if it doesn't seem like enough.

What did you mash at?.. I thought mine had too much coriander. I didn't even grind it. Im thinking I just want it to live up to the Westbrook version. I still need to bottle. Its slightly sour but I bought some lactic acid to add if it doesn't seem like enough.

I mashed at 152.

Just finishing another gose.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402279092.362495.jpg

That sounds about right. I don't know how too much lacto would dry it out that much. Weird. Well I'd like to compare.

Just popped my first bottle of love child #4.. and its better than i remember. Very unique sour

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402279648.067023.jpg
My smoked chocolate porter. Replacing the gears in my garage door opener so my wife can park inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Blonde ale...a few of these left. I think it has improved since the last one I had. Head is better, lacing is decent, carb is good. Pretty good.

DSC04955.jpg

A Smoked Lager of mine that was hiding amongst some bottles. A little overcarbed for some reason but with a couple months since it was bottled it is damn tasty.

1402282392383.jpg

That sounds about right. I don't know how too much lacto would dry it out that much. Weird. Well I'd like to compare.

Just popped my first bottle of love child #4.. and its better than i remember. Very unique sour

A swap would be awesome. I was so happy #4 finally came out. Amazing beer.

One of my last Hi Nelsons, besides what's set aside for sending out. Rebrew will be done as soon as I can get back to Lansing for more flowers.

1402285349961.jpg

I'm drinking the last of last years IPA I brewed up. I'm sad to see it go. I'm more sad that I didn't record the recipe here. I have a pretty good idea of how I made it. I know a lot of how it was made included fermentation temps that I cannot replicate this time of year. It also had homemade belgium candy sugar in it. An amber red sugar syrup I made myself. I can make it all again, I'm sure I can. But gosh, I have to wait until this next winter to get the fermentation temps right again. It was brewed really cold for something you would brew with US-05. I brewed in the lower 60's and upper 50's. Even lagered it for 4 weeks in the 50's. Something odd for an IPA brewed with an ale yeast. But it worked. It was magic. Too bad it's gone. Next winter I will brew it again. It tasted like flowers. Smelled like flowers. It was the most intense hop flavor I ever had that didn't overwhelm you with bitterness. It was bitter-sweet without emphasis on the bitter.

Espresso.

But I was just downstairs in my sauna inhaling the wonderful aroma coming from the airlock on my batch of raspberry wine. Actually, the entire downstairs of my house smells like one big raspberry. Can't wait to try some of that in a few weeks!

You get the gold star and an "A" for effort!!!

I'm surprised that Westbrook had nothing. They had a sixer of a Rye IPA on their shelves and there was a bunch of over-priced White Thai, but I didn't buy because it was marked up $5.00 over what anyone else seemed to sell it for.

Water. On my way down to get coffee.

Coffee. Got awakened by the phone in the middle of the night with news that a friend/shirt-tail relative had been killed in a car accident.

On a brighter note, I am getting my RV out of storage tomorrow and taking the family on a little excursion for Father's Day weekend.

Back