• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

23' counterflow wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigHefty

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

I realize this is my first post and it's a post selling something but let me assure you that it is not my intention to just come on here and sell things. I just joined the board a few days ago after finding a renewed interest in brewing. :cross: I haven't brewed for the past year or so due to some housing issues but they will soon be resolved and I'll be back in action. That being said... I got a $100 gift card to Lowes and spent it yesterday on the materials to make a counterflow wort chiller. As most of you know, it's quite a bit cheaper to get the materials to make two and sell one. So, that's where I'm at. You can see in the photo below that I have made two chillers. The one on the left is the one I'm keeping... it's about 26' long. The one on the right is the one I'm selling and it's 23' long. Don't ask how I got them different... I guess I should have measured the hose first. I just cut it in half, put the copper through, and worked on the second one. Well, the hose was obviously longer than 50' so when I cut off the first piece of copper I ended up with a shorter piece for the 2nd chiller.. UGH. Anyway, I have about $48 in to the smaller one and I'm not looking to make any profit. I'm in the Flint area of Michigan if someone wants to save on shipping and meet me somewhere. Otherwise, shipping is about $18. Thanks for looking!

Geoff

cfcs.jpg

I tested for leaks through the chiller side and there were none. I had literally just finished building these about 20 minutes before I posted the picture so I have not used it to cool an actual batch yet.

Thanks Reddog! I'll be trying mine out this weekend. I haven't had much interest with the extra one so I'll try Craigslist and maybe eBay. If I don't get rid of it that way then I'll just have to recruit someone new and sell it to them. :D

Latest posts

Back