Carboy cleaner vs Clean Bottle Express Carboy Brush

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No experience with either - because they're unnecessary overkill. A couple of tablespoons of Oxyclean dumped in a carboy and then filled with middling hot faucet water and left for a couple of hours or so gets even my triple chocolate honey imperial stout remains out of glass carboys without even needing to use my carboy brush (which is feeling unloved lately ;)

Cheers!

I absolutely fell in love with the Carboy Cleaner after I tried it for the first time. I used about a gallon of water and a few scoops of oxi-clean and the sediment was blasted off the inside of the walls. Two cons: the pads wore out too fast (1 year and approx. 30 uses), exposing the rigid plastic sleeves inside and it didn't reach the shoulder and neck of the carboy very well. But what i do love about it is that it took off the "ring" of sediment like nobody's business.

I am about to purchase the Clean Bottle Express before I reorder new pads for the Carboy Cleaner. After watching the demo video: http://www.thirdcoastdesignworks.com/Products.html it appears to do a nice job reaching those areas I mentioned earlier. If it is more durable than the Carboy Cleaner i will be hooked forever! I'll try to remember to update this thread after I have had the opportunity to give it a few "spins"! ha-ha, pun intended!

Yes... I do have an update on this post for all interested parties. I will give the gold medal to "The Carboy Cleaner"!
Why? Because its rigid (stainless steel rod not plastic), its got replaceable pads in 2 different sizes, and its pads are also more rigid which helps it to extend to the walls of the carboy. Granted, it is more expensive, but it works better and is more durable than the Clean Bottle Express.
If you hate using that carboy brush you should buy the Carboy Cleaner. It hooks up easily to the cordless drill and all you need is about a gallon or two of water with some oxiclean in the bottom of the carboy and its done in seconds!! Awesome...

Thanks for the update. I bought a carboycleaner last year and have liked it thus far. Glad to hear it's holding up over time (pads being the exception).

Cheers

Latest posts

Back