Is this a good deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some things are valued fair-others are priced with a complete lack of reality...

'4 5 gallon kegs $480.00'

This particular item makes me wonder if he has both oars in the water, and if he can be bargained with...

I have never seen people get much more than 50% of new or current retail value of any discretionary items, such as hobby items or race car parts...

I found cleaned, pressurized, reconditioned kegs in excellent condition for $25/per. Good chance his will need seals, depending on how old they are.

If you said is this a good deal or What? I'd have to say What!:)

The retail prices he lists are mostly absurd. No mention of the size of the CO2 tank

Sankey Keg with false bottom $480 and sankey keg for boiling $330 that's insane.

Like Henry said he's listed the price of brand new corny kegs when they are worth approx. $100 for all 4, not $480

If I were in the market I'd recalculate based on realistic prices then knock off 25% -50 % to take it all off his hands.

It might be a good deal for a seller to join a (free) well respected board to cross promote his overpriced CL items.

I'd offer him $800.
It is a lot of stuff, but you don't it all to construct a system.

The Sankes are worth about $150 each, 4 cornies 100, CO2 w/reg $120, mill $80 and just about everything else is miscellany worth under $50 each.

Just as an example of his "value":

3 glass carboys $65.00
2 fermentation buckets $30.00

Are you nuts? 2 ale pales are worth $30? 3 carboys $65? I must be sitting on a fortune at my house. I can buy a brand new glass carboy for $18.

This reminds me of those commercials selling stuff on TV- "A retail value of over $100 all yours for $19.95!" Whoever comes up with this "value" doesn't live in the real world!

Ryan_PA said:
It might be a good deal for a seller to join a (free) well respected board to cross promote his overpriced CL items.

Not exactly the nail on the head. I just check craigs list daily for bargains and actually laughed when I saw the prices. I've gotten 5 gallon kegs for $5 befor and he wants to charge almost 25 times that price. I think Yooper Chick hit the nail on the head with this one.

Yooper Chick said:
This reminds me of those commercials selling stuff on TV- "A retail value of over $100 all yours for $19.95!" Whoever comes up with this "value" doesn't live in the real world!

Back