Anyone have any lines on CHEAP soda/corny kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had good luck with the following post on craigslist asking for Soda Containers.

Wanted
Soda Syrup containers - $20
I am looking for soda syrup dispensers like these. If you have any laying around, I would like to buy them.

I posted a picture of a keg from Google images.

I had a guy call me and sold me 12 and two 20lb Co2 bottles for $125.

You will have the best luck by asking for soda syrup containers as the general public doesn't know what a Corny Keg is. If they did, they wouldn't sell them for $20.

YMMV

I took your advice and posted a similar ad here in Buffalo, NY, with the $20 price. I knew it was a real low ball price. Two guys got back to me within hours. One guy had two and one had ?. The guy that didn't say how many he had was selling them for $35 each. I took it and went to his house 5 miles away to buy 4. He had another so I got 5, he had more. Plus he gave me all the connectors and threw in a McSorley's tap handle, a bottle of home made wine and a couple of tastes of current "product!" Ya gotta love it!

I took your advice and posted a similar ad here in Buffalo, NY, with the $20 price. I knew it was a real low ball price. Two guys got back to me within hours. One guy had two and one had ?. The guy that didn't say how many he had was selling them for $35 each. I took it and went to his house 5 miles away to buy 4. He had another so I got 5, he had more. Plus he gave me all the connectors and threw in a McSorley's tap handle, a bottle of home made wine and a couple of tastes of current "product!" Ya gotta love it!

I don't love it. In fact, I HATE you for getting a deal like that. :ban:

:D :mug:

So I have been brewing for about 7 months and I decided that I would jump into the kegging game as of yesterday. I picked up a pretty sweet deal from my LHBS with 2 ball-locks and a Taprite Dual regulator and a 10 lb tank for a pretty good price. But to me, the $55-$60 price tag on additional ball locks seems pretty steep. I know they were much more affordable and plentiful about 2-3 years ago, when my buddy was able to get them at $8-20 a piece.

Now, I am a realist, so I know that there is no way I'll get them that cheap, but what can I do to get them for $20-30 a keg?

Any help is much appreicated!!!

[email protected] I have around 15 of them

I bought three 3 gallon "loose handle" pin lock kegs from adventures in homebrewing. 2 did not have loose handles and the one that did was easy to repair. I simply pulled the loose handle off, scraped and sanded off the old adhesive and used 3M car trim adhesive to re-attach it. I also bought replacement ball lock posts and a replacement lid with a pressure relief valve. I had problems with one keg because the replacemdent lid would not seal. However, I bought an oversized o-ring for it and it seals perfectly now. Great deal.

Latest posts

Back