Keggle conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. I can get the hole saw & drill from work. What about cutting the top off the keg? No welding skills. I don't think a sawzall would be the best route to take.

Ridge Runner said:
Thanks man. I can get the hole saw & drill from work. What about cutting the top off the keg? No welding skills. I don't think a sawzall would be the best route to take.
A sawzall with a good metal cutting blade will work alright. I recommend an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel unless you can get hold of a plasma cutter.

How difficult is it to use a plasma cutter? As I said earlier I have no welding skills but I pick up stuff pretty quick. I thought I might try some small holes in the center then move out as I became more proficient.

Ridge Runner said:
How difficult is it to use a plasma cutter? As I said earlier I have no welding skills but I pick up stuff pretty quick. I thought I might try some small holes in the center then move out as I became more proficient.
I've never welded... But a plasma is pretty easy to use IMO.

:mug:

Plasma is pretty easy to use, but the trick is getting access to one (and they're not cheap). Just pick up a grinder and a cut-off wheel or two and you'll be set.

Back