Looking To Start Kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33rL0v3r

Reaction score
I'm looking to start kegging very soon and would really appreciate some advice on a good set up. I'm looking to do two 5 gallons kegs, or four 5 gallon kegs. Probably the former since I think I would need a chest freezer for the latter.

What is a good refrigerator?
I want a dual tap on top
What about CO2 regulators

Honestly, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I would strongly prefer not having to remove a freezer section from a mini-fridge if possible.

Thanks!

Get a kegerator that holds a 1/2 bbl keg. That size will also hold two 5 gal cornies. Most come with the single tower but can be upgraded later on. Some kegerators also come with a 5 lb CO2 tank and a regulator. I got mine off of ebay from a company in Canada for about $600. I've had it for about 8 years and just recently added a chrome tower with two taps. I also upgraded the faucets to Perlick 425s. It looks good and works quite well.

Something like this would do the trick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KeggerMeister-Kegerator-Beer-Refrigerator-Keg-Dispenser-/180715117165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1375da6d

A Sanyo 4912 is a good choice. You don't really need a tap tower. picnic taps work just fine.

Mine does, yes. You have to take out the shelves and cut away some of the plastic on the door but it works great. Also holds a 6.5 gallon carboy if you get a temp controller and want to use it for fermentation.

Back