Sanyo 4912 @ Best Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orpheus

Reaction score
For those who've been thinking about it, the Sanyo 4912 is on sale this week for $30 off regular price. Now only $169. Makes a perfect kegerator that fits two cornies and a 5 lb. co2 tank.

Orpheus, Did you see that price in store or online?? I looked at Best Buy's web site and they only have it marked down to $189. Just curious if I can strong arm the local store into honoring the $169 price you've seen.

Coupon is good for $399. and up...wait, I hear a subliminal message coming through...need a new surround sound receiver...:D

EDIT: DANG!!! That won't work -- single item price of $399...where's the 10% coupons???

There is no spending limit on the 12% coupon. The $399 is for TV's. Other items have minimum spending limits such as printers - $149, scanners - $99. But, there is no limit for Appliances.

-Scott

ScoutMan said:
Orpheus, Did you see that price in store or online?? I looked at Best Buy's web site and they only have it marked down to $189. Just curious if I can strong arm the local store into honoring the $169 price you've seen.

Saw it in the flyer this morning. Prices good for the next week!

Purchased one tonight!:ban: I didn't care so much about the price, but it was a good way to get the kegging discussion started, and I was able to catch a week moment. We haven't discussed the $300 yet for the rest of the set-up, but it will be ordered within the next couple of weeks one way or another.

If my tax return comes in before the sale is over I might grab one too. It looks like I can get it here in Hawaii for the $169 price. Even though I probably will not convert right away, this would still be a great place to keep bottled beer.

I just bought one on Wednesday when it was $10 off! But at least it looks like they will honor price changes on the website at local stores within 30 days of purchase, so I'm off to get my $20 back.

What's a reward zone card? I see this is on sale again this week for $169, and the extra 12% would help cover the tax. If I add in the best buy gift cert I got for christmas and two $50 dollar visa rewards I got from Cingular, I just might come out of this for almost $0 out of pocket! That leaves money for the tap tower, etc. -NICE!

LouT said:
What's a reward zone card? I see this is on sale again this week for $169, and the extra 12% would help cover the tax. If I add in the best buy gift cert I got for christmas and two $50 dollar visa rewards I got from Cingular, I just might come out of this for almost $0 out of pocket! That leaves money for the tap tower, etc. -NICE!

Very nice indeed! Gotta love the gift cards!

Is the Sanyo 4912 deep enough to hold a carboy for lagering? Can this be fitted with a temperature control?

I went to purchase the 4912 yesterday only to discover it was only approximately 12" deep on the inside. I wanted my kegerator to hold a commercial keg as well as cornies so I purchased the Avanti BD6000 kegerator instead.

So -- what is "reward zone" membership, anyone know?

If you cut the door liner w/shelves out of the fridge, will it then fit a commercial keg, anyone know?

WIth the door shelves cut out, can you get 3 or 4 cornies in there? Thought I saw a thread with this info at one time, can't seem to find it now.

The reward zone is like best buy frequent flyer miles. You get best buy dollars for spending money there.

I don't think you can physically fit a commercial keg in the fridge, because the inside depth is only 12 inches and a commercial keg is like 16.5" also, I don,t think you will be able to fit more than two cornies at a time.

thanks, is reward zone free?
Anyone know if the "holiday" brand 5.5 cu. ft. model mini-fridge Lowes sells is able to fit 3 or 4 cornies, or a commercial keg?

nickwc5 said:
yea the 4912 will hold a 6 gallon carboy, I just finished lagering a california common in mine:mug:

is there room for a 6.5 gal carboy?

Are you sure you can use that coupon with the discounted price?

Also, has anyone used door taps rather than towers on this fridge?

raceskier said:
Yeah, they honored the card/coupon, no questions asked. Picked mine up last night.

I got mine last nite too. The last one this store had. $149.xx after coupon. That 12% coupon was enough savings to nearly pay for my next AG batch. :mug:

No brainer.

Now I have to convince my wife to let me move it into the mudroom next to the kitchen. Today it's off to Lowes for some PVC, Vynil fence post, etc... for my DIY tower (Thank you Jester).

If you can give a bit more detail in your parts list for the tower, vs. what Jester gave, it'd be a huge help, KalvinEddie - I still don't know how he made the base that the PVC pipe uses to screw to top of kegerator.
I'm also thinking about trying some interesting off-kilter keg tower item - like maybe a section of Harley electra glide muffler, and use a handlebar grip on a piece of 1" tube for a tap handle!
I wonder if I did two tap handles and mounted them horizontally, if it'd look cool or goofy...

I got mine a couple days ago. It's nice! I had some leftover giftcards from Xmas so I got it for about $125. I forgot the coupon, oh well.

Anyone tried replacing the plastic top with a nice furniture grade wood top for looks?

Finally got mine tonight!!! After SEVEN days of waiting for it to transfer from another store, 30 min. away!!!
All is good now, and got it for the sale price! The wouldn't honor the coupon though.

I'll be converting this bad boy tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics!!!

:mug:
David

davidr2340 said:
I'll be converting this bad boy tomorrow. I'll try to get some pics!!!

:mug:
David

Have a great time. I'm sipping a porter tonight from my Sanyo. Kegged it last Friday, force carbed it Saturday AM and after my Sanyo conversion, I've been "sampling" ever since. Check out my pic on the link below.

Just a stupid heads-up....

I saw the Sanyo 4912 on Costco.com for $169.99. I first went to Costco and wanted to see if they had it in the store. They didn't!

I then went to Best Buy with this printed info sheet and asked if they would honor/match Costco's price. They did!

So needless to say, if want the $169.00 price, print out the preceeding link and take it to your local Best Buy and tell them to price match it for you. Worked for me.

HTH

for what its worth, Fry's has it for 199. Just picked mine up, all the best buys arounds here are out. And I was told that they are changing their suppliers and will no longer be carrying Sanyos:( If you don't have a Fry's around, go to their website and see if Best buy will match.

for what its worth, Fry's has it for 199. Just picked mine up, all the best buys arounds here are out. And I was told that they are changing their suppliers and will no longer be carrying Sanyos:( If you don't have a Fry's around, go to their website and see if Best buy will match.

frys is sold out. looks like the closest BB with it in stock is over an hour away now =(

I just bought one the other night at BB, the box was a little torn so they dropped it to $189.99... The fridge was perfect condition too :)

I just love fact free postings about corporate products!!! Have you read "Microtrends"??? I keep it under my pillow.

Back