Favorite Post of the Year?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I vote for the thread that "Dude" wrote after the little get-together with Walker-san, BOSTONBREWING, et al...

"I have something to say..." :D

lorenae said:
I'm with the_Bird on that one! I'm still laughing. The second best was the kid who makes hooch in his bedroom, complete with pictures.

Lorena
I agree as well. I never saw the thread about the kid making hooch. Sounds like it has potential. :rockin:

I can't seem to find it, but that one where the guy said he sanitized with pee was pretty funny

anything by usmc whatever... real brewers don't use bleach, and i'll kill you type stuff.... :rockin:

t1master said:
anything by usmc whatever... real brewers don't use bleach, and i'll kill you type stuff.... :rockin:

I don't think that was from this year, I think that happened right before I got here.

t1master said:

That guy RULED!
He said one time that he was gonna pull his pants down and rub his arse in the wort just to piss everyone off.:rockin:

There was also a post by Oxford Brewer (?) where he asked if he should put vaseline on his bung hole.

The USMC dude is "IT" regardless of year thus far. Swami, the whole self-christening of royalty is runner up though. I never could think of a worthy title for myself :cross:.

the_bird said:
That's not the right post, I don't think. There was a KID (like, 15) a few months before this; "makingitgood," I think. I *think* that's the one she's referring to. He was making like seriously scary crap in his bedroom (not his dormroom).

Wasn't he the one who was stashing what he was making in his ceiling????

I'm still thinking on my fave post, but Dude's man-lovin' for Boston is sharply in the lead... :D

:off: And FWIW mark Darth as one of the famous MIA's with ElP. We've marked Orfy off the list at least! :rockin:

Ize

the_bird said:
That's not the right post, I don't think. There was a KID (like, 15) a few months before this; "makingitgood," I think. I *think* that's the one she's referring to. He was making like seriously scary crap in his bedroom (not his dormroom).
Alright, then I guess I nominated a new one. xuni---whatever was pretty admirable for his first feeble attempt with bread yeast and Kleenex airlocks (which turned out good...so he says) and for his willingness to accept criticism and advice.

I'd like to see a link to her submission, though!

the_bird said:
I was never that clever in high school, though. ...
Neither was I, thank God! Otherwise, I might've grown up to be dumb enough to trade text messages with some congressional representative from Florida.

I have to put this up there, even if it IS shameless self-promotion, because I think this may be the best work I've ever done... and that includes my Dissertation, whenever I get that done...

The Calculus of Beer

Something just reminded me of this one....has to be my fav of this year:

AllHoppedUp said:
It's so funny that you bring that up. I just performed an anti-war statement dance after dinner at my parents-in-law's house this weekend. I think it started to get a little weird for them after the first half hour, but when they saw how I could pinch my butt cheeks into a caricature of Donald Rumsfeld during the grand finale I think they got my point.

:ban:

AHU

SwAMi75 said:
Something just reminded me of this one....has to be my fav of this year:

Originally Posted by AllHoppedUp
It's so funny that you bring that up. I just performed an anti-war statement dance after dinner at my parents-in-law's house this weekend. I think it started to get a little weird for them after the first half hour, but when they saw how I could pinch my butt cheeks into a caricature of Donald Rumsfeld during the grand finale I think they got my point.

:ban:

AHU

I like that one so much, I've had it in my sig on another forum for months!!!!!

Back