I want to automate a Brutus clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bm612

Reaction score
I been searching this forum for days. I'm trying to find a wiring diagram for a two LP burner system with a Herms coil installed in the HLT. I"m looking to use 2 PId's and a timer, along with switches to bypass PId's for manual fire of the burners. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I got this from someone on this forum (one of the best I've found) I hope he/she doesn't mind me posting it and thank you do whomever he/she is.

WiringDiagram.gif

I just found that one as well. I saw a bunch of diagrams by p-j but none that is for a gas fired system using a herms coil. maybe someone else can chime in with one. if not then I will be using the one posted above. Thanks for the post

this is what i followed to build my single PID, timer, HERMS controller. Here is a pic of my internals timer is on top PID is on bottom.
image.jpg

I decided to order some parts for my build from E-brew supply and spoke with Ryan who set me up with exactly what I was looking for. He also was able to give me some advice on how I should build it. His customer service is top notch. Thanks for everyone's help. I will post photos when finished with build.

In the process of building control panel. Working on gas solenoids and having a problem with pilots. When I light them they are like a jet airplane taking off. I have turned down the set screws to the lowest setting and still they are too high. I'm wondering if I might need to add a different gas regulator to the tank. Anyone know what the pressure should be. Using Honeywell vr8200 valves.

~7" WC - which is below .5 psi.

If you're trying to run those Honeywells with a high pressure propane regulator you'll find they won't work properly...

Cheers!

Problem solved. Regulator pressure was too high. Switched out regulator with a .5 psi regulator and now they work fine.

bm612,

How's progress? I just mentioned to a friend that I wanted his help to add some automation pieces to my rig.

Could I trouble you to post some pictures at current stage? I'd love to see the evolution.

Back