Southampton Double White

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

944play

Reaction score
This is a great witbier. Surprisingly, I got it from the Shell station right down the street! 6.6% ABV, so more of a wit-and-a-half, but it's really quite nice. Not as spare and spicy as a Hoegaarden, not as sweet as a Blue Moon, it has a substantial yeast-derived character like the hefeweizens I like best with just a trace of tang. It has the tantalizing finish of a pfeffernüsse.

I'm kinda blown away that I can get a beer brewed by Phil Markowski, author of Farmhouse Ales at my corner store! OTOH, it shares shelf space with Anchor, Stone, and Real Ale.:)

I just had a single of this today. Coincidentally I also live in Austin. I'm wondering what Shell you bought yours from. I got mine from WhipIn.
I really liked it. Probably my 2nd favorite Wit, behind (512) Wit.

C-Mart on Koenig at Woodrow.

I don't think I've given (512) Wit any real scrutiny, but I sure like the Pecan Porter.

I keep trying to get over to Draught House to try the Pecan Porter, but whenever I go they are closed. I guess that's my fault for trying to go to a pub at 2:30.

I had this beer tonight, it was glorious, does anyone have a clue on a similar recipe

I've searched for a "double white" recipe but I guess these guys are the only ones making such a thing.

Nice!
Forrest, just to let you know, as long as I live in austin and your store is open, I will come to your shop exclusively. People buy from your webstore from all over the country, so I sort of feel spoiled that it is my LHBS.

Has anyone formulated a solid clone recipe for this brew? I know Austin has a kit, but does anyone know which grains are included in the extract/PM versions? Raw, malted, or flaked wheat? I like knowing the ingredients of the kit before going for it. Thanks! TR

I used to go to the Southampton brewpub all the time, the double white is a great beer. Has anyone cloned this yet? I would be very interested in making a batch of this myself

Latest posts

Back