God sucks, then you die

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I get out of a very sucky certification exam (pretty sure I passed, but it was brutal) and have a message from some girl I never heard of to call her immediately it is important...

Background: I have a deliverable at work (the one they justify my 6 figure salary for)due Thursday. I am almost finished. but between other BS and studying for this exam I was planning long days Monday and Tuesday to finish it up.
Friday I get a call that Mom is in the Hospital for Anemia.. no biggie we do this drill every few months, I'll take my test Saturday then call her.
I get out of the exam completely drained after 4 hours and get the message. So I decide to call her before I head to Maryland Brewday... She is an ICU nurse and hands me over to the cardiologist who happens to be there when I called. He tells me My Mom had a heart attack this morning and normally it would be a minor one and since it happened in the hospital no biggie (relatively speaking), but when you add the existing condition she was already in the ICU for it became a much bigger deal.. I explained to him I was really busy next week could coming home wait until Friday. "She may get better (25% chance) but more likely you will regret waiting".

I am flying out tomorrow.. God, if he exists, just ****ing hates me!

I hope she comes out alright man. I really do, I lost an aunt to a freak genetic mutation that caused her to become badly anaemic. Right now I'm losing my third relative this year and frankly I can't stand to read about someone else suffering similarly.

It sucks, it does. Some clouds lack any resemblance of a silver lining. Only one thing to do, ride out the storm and hope for the best. I'll be hoping it with you.

I'm sorry about your mom.

Tell your boss your family comes first, end of discussion. If they have a problem with that, it's their issue to deal with.

B

It always seems to come all at once. You made the right choice. Work will forgive you.

Good luck to your Mom.

Latest posts

Back