1 gallon carboy pos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman_01

Reaction score
Went to swirl my starter (which is only 24hrs old) and my pinkie finger cracked and put a dime sized hole in my 1 gallon carboy! The cut on my finger is the least of my worries, i just hope my yeast will be ok?! I sprayed star san over everthing then patched hole with foil to get by.. Luckily it cracked above krausen but still. Im not happy! Just had rant a bit

Sounds like you may want to invest in a more robust 1gallon carboy... I would think you would have a hard time cracking one of those gallon wine jugs.

There are TONS of horror story threads on here about broken carboys. I hate when I run out of FV's and have to use on of my glass carboys. Glad to hear the injury wasn't too serious. Are you brewing a red IPA? I am sure there are a lot of good names for the brew to be had there.

Wait . . . I'm still having trouble with you putting a hole in the side of a one gallon jug with your finger.

If I were you, I'd be using plastic cups or only drinking your beer from a can. :cross:

Wait . . . I'm still having trouble with you putting a hole in the side of a one gallon jug with your finger.

If I were you, I'd be using plastic cups or only drinking your beer from a can. :cross:

What, swirling your starter has never resulted in that?

You need to work on your manly handshake.

Or something.

If I were you, I'd be using plastic cups or only drinking beer from a can. :cross:

No kidding right. I was actually drinking from a can the night it happened! Was weird. When I was swirling the airlock was bubbling like crazy when it cracked/made hole.. could pressure inside jug been a factor?

No kidding right. I was actually drinking from a can the night it happened! Was weird. When I was swirling the airlock was bubbling like crazy when it cracked/made hole.. could pressure inside jug been a factor?

Under pressure?

Do you do strong (ale) man competitions?

Last edited by a moderator:
mega.png

It looks like you might be Superman and/or The Hulk.
Superhuman beings sometimes have trouble controlling their own strength. Try these steps:
1. Are you angry? Try not being angry. Glass won't like you when your'e angry.
2. Are you from a red-sunned planet? Beings from red-sunned planets may experience super strength in Earth's yellow sun. Try relocating to a different solar system, and see if your results improve.
3. Do you have futuristic cybernetic hands? Some people with cybernetic hands have difficulty handling glass objects. Using regular people-hands usually resolves this.

Did this solve your problem [Yes] [No]

Back