Cordane's Rolling Kegerator (Image Intensive!!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordane

Reaction score
I took a lot of photos for this project. I think I'll just let them do the talking, and you guys can ask questions at the end. I'm the fellow with the long hair. The other guy is my buddy, Shawn, without whom I couldn't have done this.

thumb2_box-2-57246.jpg

thumb2_box-3-57247.jpg

thumb2_box-4-57248.jpg

thumb2_box-5-57249.jpg

thumb2_box-6-57250.jpg

thumb2_box-7-57251.jpg

thumb2_box-8-57252.jpg

thumb2_box-9-57253.jpg

thumb2_box-10-57254.jpg

thumb2_box-11-57255.jpg

What do you folks think? I took it to a camping event and put 10 gallons through it. Works like a champ. One guy offered me $400 on the spot. Had I not only just finished it, I might have talked him up a bit. :)

why do you even need a cooler? It maybe cheaper without the cooler right? Great job on fabricating

why do you even need a cooler? It maybe cheaper without the cooler right? Great job on fabricating

The cooler would be a nice water proof area for ice.

It isn't photo documented till you have a picture of you getting a beer out of it!

That is very cool. Good thinking.

I'm also curious about how well it holds the temps, and how efficient it is on ice.

Do you have a photo of how the drain hole from the cooler is exposed too?

Enjoy!

Weird, you posted this on the 15th but I didn't see it until today...

Nice job, you tend to over build things like I do.....

For the ice question: I put in three bags of ice in it on Thursday evening, smallish bags, not huge. On Sunday morning, we had to dump about 1/3 of that ice onto the ground so I could pack up.

Ambient temperatures ranged from 35F early morning to maybe 68F in the midday.

fall-line said:
Do you have a photo of how the drain hole from the cooler is exposed too?

I'll get one. It's actually completely hidden, but it's still functional.

The cooler would be a nice water proof area for ice.

It isn't photo documented till you have a picture of you getting a beer out of it!

Exactly right. I figured having a large, plastic, insulated bucket on the bottom would keep all of that water well handled. And, it did!

Also, you're right, I need to show it in action! Will get on that too.

I like it! When I retire my new chrome faucets for SS front sealing, they will be put onto something like this! Nice. Portable. Efficient. Easy access. Good job man!

Well this thread also shows me that I've been over thinking a portable system.
I've been thinking about how to build something that would look presentable and work well enough and this looks great.
Only real change I might make is wheels. Large enough ones to go over rough ground.

Good idea. How heavy is it?

That stain job is pretty rough though. Shoulda just painted it. Stain on cheap plywood is pretty bad.

Well this thread also shows me that I've been over thinking a portable system.
I've been thinking about how to build something that would look presentable and work well enough and this looks great.
Only real change I might make is wheels. Large enough ones to go over rough ground.

wheelbarrow.JPG

I'm thinking wheels like these off of an "off road" wheelbarrow might do the trick? Or for overkill, you could strip down your child daughter's kid's bike for small enough bike tires to not have them stick out stupid far from the rear. I only say do it to your daughter's bike because why would you ever take away a male offspring's mobility and primary way of picking up chicks at the playground?

Old thread, I know. The weight of all that plywood and two kegs must be murder on those little cooler wheels. I made a single kegerator with the MaxCold version of this cooler, with the 5 gal keg barely sticking out of the carefully cut hole in the lid. I also mounted a CO2 regulator in the lid, with a 20oz paintball tank screwed in underneath. Power to the tinkerers.

You should add a solar car fan to circulate the air inside.. May help keep it cooler inside. I'd like to see if it helps with efficiency.

Back