New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ambersmall.jpg

American Amber Ale, 5.5% ABV, 35 IBU's, SRM 12, 10 oz. of Crystal hops in there, lots of fruity hop aroma that blends well with the crystal 75. I'm entering this one in the Bluebonnet Brew-off, and the Boston Homebrew Comp. my favorite batch by far.

my first beer ever: Pseudo Wit-ty. as the first pic (hopefully) shows it's already really well carb'ed just a week after bottling. clarity isn't too bad considering a) it's a witbier, 2) i didn't cold-crash, and c) i didn't use any fining/whirlfloc/moss/etc.

proud :D

pseudo20120219_192418.jpg

pseudo20120219_192246.jpg

Hey edb23,

I brewed up biermuncher's blonde ale. Nottingham finished fermentation in 3 days. Kegged at 15 psi for remaining time. Added gelatin 2 days before having people over. Drew off the first 1.5 pints, after that it's almost lager clear.

My BBVP a couple days ago

Ok, so what does BBVP stand for? Based on the pictures, I'll take some guesses:

Big, Bad, and Very Palatable? Bold, Black, and Voluptuously Piquant?

Ok, I give up. Looks great though!

Ok, so what does BBVP stand for? Based on the pictures, I'll take some guesses:

Big, Bad, and Very Palatable? Bold, Black, and Voluptuously Piquant?

Ok, I give up. Looks great though!

I thought maybe BBVP was the sound you made after having 8 or 10... :D

Seriously though, it sounds like a great beer

ambersmall.jpg

American Amber Ale, 5.5% ABV, 35 IBU's, SRM 12, 10 oz. of Crystal hops in there, lots of fruity hop aroma that blends well with the crystal 75. I'm entering this one in the Bluebonnet Brew-off, and the Boston Homebrew Comp. my favorite batch by far.

Well I got the results from the Boston Homebrew Comp, here's a link to the 2 judges score sheets

link to 1st score sheet
link to 2nd score sheet

Both judges definetly picked up on the sweet fruit aroma from the heavy late additions of the Crystal hops, one of the judges describes it as "very high on esters". I think I got knocked a few points because they thought the fruity esters where from a hot ferment, but this beer had a 2 liter starter of fresh pacman, fermented in a ferm chamber starting at 58 only rising to 61. Both judges also reccomend mashing at a lower temp, I mashed at 148-152, and it finished at 1.012. Still I enjoy getting someone else's honest feedback.

Two of my most recent brews. The fruity yet crisp dry "bab de saison" and the great nutty,coffee,choco yet dry " Kentucky f**king what?"

SAM_0359.jpg

SAM_0700.jpg

Back