Bard's Homebrew Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cool that they carry a GF kit, albeit a pretty simple one.
Nice to see more GF products coming out.

Price does seem a little high. Should be able to gather everything for
about $30.

A touch high, and with what we're doing, we're probably getting kinda close. At the same time, it's nice to be able to have access to the same stuff they're using. I think they had that special malter. Plus, for anyone else who is just starting, it's great. I'd probably would have done that one first off if I could have when I was starting.

At the same it'd be better if they just sold the darn malted sorghum. I'm going to put together my sprouter tonight but it's gonna take forever to attempt 30 half pound batches.

I would never be able to get past the price difference from buying the Bards extract, which is from malt and the sorghum extract that is from raw grains and enzymes. I can't even taste a significant difference between Redbridge and Bards (or my early 100% sorghum attempts) . On top of that, I don't need their hops, yeast, priming sugar, etc.

I too would love access to the grains instead, but I don't see them giving that up for as long as they can. They would have to include instructions on how to mash their grains and once that information is out there, they will have lost their niche and the only GF beer made from malted grain.

I can't tell the difference either come to think of it. Still back when I was the never brewed before, don't have a clue what ingredients I need despite reading this and books (cause they all talked about were regular grains). Yeah, I'd have gotten it. Would have been an easy first try by instruction. Wouldn't have taken me 6 months to a year just to figure out the basics before trying either. At this point right now? I wouldn't, even though it's been less than a year of brewing.

We know that the price point is a bit higher. However, the reason is that we buy this extract directly from Bard's. We do carry lower priced white sorghum extract, however we feel the the Bard's Sorghum produces a better tasting beer. Cheers!

Back