What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another pint of sweet stout. I have to kick this keg in 2 weeks so I can fill it again. I need more kegs, I think...

ForumRunner_20130330_022630.jpg

image-2071867803.jpg

Having a flight at the Hourglass Brewery, a tiny little nano in Longwood, Fl. Their Merkhet Mocha Imperial Stout is outstanding.

Having the last of my morning coffee, while I get my brewing equipment ready. I'm gonna brew a blonde ale with lemon peel and cascade.

Small sample of my Imperial IPA. This stuff just keeps tasting better and better. I'm getting a lot of mango and grapefruit from this.

image-3228164699.jpg

WesleyS said:
Small sample of my Imperial IPA. This stuff just keeps tasting better and better. I'm getting a lot of mango and grapefruit from this.

They do get better with age for awhile.. That's why for IIPAs I will usually age it in the primary for about 6 weeks before I dry hop. That way it's nice and smooth, and also has all the aroma I need it to.

bottlebomber said:
They do get better with age for awhile.. That's why for IIPAs I will usually age it in the primary for about 6 weeks before I dry hop. That way it's nice and smooth, and also has all the aroma I need it to.

This sat in primary for four weeks, dry hopped for a week of that time and cold crashed for a few days. Now has been in the keg for 1 1/2 weeks. This stuff is so much better than I expected. The flameout hops and hop stand hops made it so good it didn't even need dry hops for flavor and aroma but I dry hopped four ounces anyways because I wanted in your face hop character. Not bad especially since this was my first DIPA I brewed. This beer doesn't need anything changed. For the first time I'm actually blown away by my own beer. I've made some good stuff before, but this beats all of them by a landslide.

Goose Island IPA.

Also got a couple of Brew Dog beers, Punk IPA and Dead Pony Club in the fridge. And a mini keg of my Rye-PA in the fridge, and a keg of Landlord clone in the cupboard.

Easter bank holiday weekend here, my liver can't keep up!

bottlebomber said:
Sounds like you're doing it right son! ;)

I'm going to brew it again close to when I run out of this batch. When I do, I might have to send you a couple bottles. You can tell me how it holds up to all those great west coast IPAs you have access to.

WesleyS said:
I'm going to brew it again close to when I run out of this batch. When I do, I might have to send you a couple bottles. You can tell me how it holds up to all those great west coast IPAs you have access to.

That sounds great, I'd love to do a swap. I've got a few really great IPAs that I'm about to package myself.

Helping a buddy with his first few day. Berliner's so far, mine, Perennial Peach, and Jackie O's.

TNGabe said:
Helping a buddy with his first few day. Berliner's so far, mine, Perennial Peach, and Jackie O's.

Tracking info says your TB will be there today. I'm sure you can't wait to try it. ;)

Well,since Ford decided to pay my pension a couple days early,we got some more stuff for Easter. This year's Fade to Black,Rocky Mountain Black Ale. Looks like the 3rd one from the left. Def a roasty stout that has just the right amount of roastiness to it. And some Harpoon IPA. I haven't had any in a while.
Gunna bottle my other hybrid lager tomorrow on my b-day & pit bbq a sirloin tip roast & some Italian sausage,fresh of course. & my last 4 hybrid lagers from version1.

Sam Adams ginger bread stout that was hiding in the fridge it got a little better but still not great

DisturbdChemist said:
Damn I should of let you know... I had to drop some beer off at their "pro-am". Hope mine does well. It's the trippel and I think its the love child of a trippel and a pilsner

No problem. I'm going to try to go to one of their monday tours now that they have them. I hope your beer does well. I'm a big fan of trippels.

bottlebomber said:
That sounds great, I'd love to do a swap. I've got a few really great IPAs that I'm about to package myself.

Sounds like a plan.

No problem. I'm going to try to go to one of their monday tours now that they have them. I hope your beer does well. I'm a big fan of trippels.

I thought the Monday tours are only in march? I'll definitely come back. Seems every time I come something is different. Atleast I got the glass. Something different to add to my collection

DisturbdChemist said:
I thought the Monday tours are only in march? I'll definitely come back. Seems every time I come something is different. Atleast I got the glass. Something different to add to my collection

Oh maybe so. I wasn't sure if Monday was a temporary thing or not. Either way I need to make it back by there. I wish I would've had time for the tasting last time I went to buy glasses.

Been on a tri city sour search for TNGabe. Came back so empty handed this time around that I had to toss back a allagsh dubbel to drown my sorrows.

Channel66 said:
Been on a tri city sour search for TNGabe. Came back so empty handed this time around that I had to toss back a allagsh dubbel to drown my sorrows.

Oh no! Thanks for trying. I'm not going anywhere and your Pt5 isn't either.

Oh maybe so. I wasn't sure if Monday was a temporary thing or not. Either way I need to make it back by there. I wish I would've had time for the tasting last time I went to buy glasses.

I think the Monday was a test tour. They might do it full time but I don't know. Have you tried my sour yet? I hope I didn't miss your review if you did

Back