What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disagree. Like Bengali, love Resin. This Heady is better the first. But totally loved that 'Fiddlehead'..BGBC, how much for case?

Glad you liked them. I think it was $10 for a 4 pack, so $60/ case, at the brewery. Right now they're canning once per week at the brewery and selling most of it there. Some makes it to a few local VT bottle shops, but not far.

Water. Wishing they made dog beer or something so we could be on the same level this morning. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416059615.574156.jpgshe has way more energy and got up way earlier than I wanted.

Well...still waiting on others. Looks like I'll probably be getting to the comic book convention around noon. Started at 10 a.m. I'll get about and hour to an hour and a half at the convention and then have to leave for a nephew's engagement party. Then, I'll probably get a bunch of grief from the others who won't want to go back for a couple more hours, because "We're going to be there tomorrow, anyway!" I hope my nephew brought me some Hop Drop and Roll from NoDa in Charlotte...but I'm not holding my breath. I'm going to take some Citra Saison and Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale to the party, but won't get to drink. Bah!!!

Coffee.

Well...still waiting on others. Looks like I'll probably be getting to the comic book convention around noon. Started at 10 a.m. I'll get about and hour to an hour and a half at the convention and then have to leave for a nephew's engagement party. Then, I'll probably get a bunch of grief from the others who won't want to go back for a couple more hours, because "We're going to be there tomorrow, anyway!" I hope my nephew brought me some Hop Drop and Roll from NoDa in Charlotte...but I'm not holding my breath. I'm going to take some Citra Saison and Scottish Samhain Pumpkin Ale to the party, but won't get to drink. Bah!!!

Coffee.

This all sounds mildly miserable except the comic book convention part. Hang in there man.

Water. Took dog for a walk and headed to the State game...tailgate first.

A brew made from whatever I had lying around.. IBU 44..... made with about 20% wheat and some CR 60...... a bit of nugget and magnum for bittering, and Amarillo and Nelson were supposed to have been added near the end of the boil, and somehow were forgotten. Some of the 2 row had been lightly toasted in a pie pan in the oven.

Amarillo and Nelson were then added as the yeast was pitched as sort of a dry hop. A crisp clean beer, without any real dominant hop. Amarillo overpowers Nelson Sauvin, but the result is still a nice beer. I'm partial to Nelson.

The lesson ............ You can really screw up and still end up with good beer. It's difficult to go wrong with good ingredients.

H.W.

Adnams Southwold Bitter. 3rd pint in, good session ale, have drunk gallons of this over the years. Rugby utterly disappointing up to this point today.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416069483.983819.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Coffee.. Got my nephew's baptism today, they better have something other than bud light at the reception :rolleyes:

Drinking HB IPA. Anyone ever experience one line of your kegerator with zero head retention? I need to investigate more but this is weird. I keep my lines very clean.

Interesting when the brewer changes hops between batches.... Same beer, for sure different hop profile.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416073752.747491.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416075221.808205.jpg
Coffee while I wait for the bride and groom. Upland better not be out of beer in an hour. Drop the couple off one mile from the taproom.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Question: how much trouble am I asking for if I wait six or eight hours after the boil to pitch yeast? Brewing an hour from home between gigs and forgot to bring it with me.

Question: how much trouble am I asking for if I wait six or eight hours after the boil to pitch yeast? Brewing an hour from home between gigs and forgot to bring it with me.

If it's sealed up and you were sanitary, what problem would you have?

Back